Not building decent boost before 4k RPM

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Not building decent boost before 4k RPM

Postby Pandinos » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:36 am

Hello,

I have a MY03 WRX (EDM). I cant build decent boost before 4000RPM in 1, 2 and 3 gear, in 4 and 5 it build decent boost around 3500RPM(that is mutch better).

I searched for leaks in the intake and exhaust system (before the turbo) but didint find anything, i really start thinking that the problem is in my flash :(

Another thing is that i cant make that my WGDC go above 89%, is this normal?! or maybe is time to buy a better turbo solenoid...

Can you guys give me a hand please.

Relevant Mods

JE forged Pistons(bore:92.50) with JE Rings also
Eagle H-Beam Forged Rods
FP 16G Turbocharger
STI Intake Manifold
STI Injectores
Front mounted Intercooler
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Full decat muffler
Oil Radiator
CAMSHAFTS

Thanks in advance :)
Attachments
enginuitylog_20080625_082957.csv
Third gear pull
(3.2 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
R9_6.hex
(160 KiB) Downloaded 716 times
Pandinos

Postby C6ect.ect » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:44 am

What did you change with the car since it quit boosting right, likely culprit?

Twin Scroll turbine?

Do you think it's WGsol related due to flash?

To diagnose this as the problem, run highest octane fuel available, disconnect WGA line, MONITOR KNOCK, than briefly run full boost just in the problematic rpms.

If problem still exists but to lesser degree, you have a leak somewhere or not enough preload. If problem outright dissappears and all 4 tires start to spin, replace, fix, or reprogram the boost control system.

Another thing, too much timing advance at spool can undercharge the turbine making it spool softly.
C6ect.ect

Postby Pandinos » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:32 am

Hi,

we just found a minor leak in the exhaust manifold where it goes from 4 to 1 right in the middle of the 4 pipes. for now we are fixing that, and hope that is the problem :)
Pandinos

Return to General Discussion