H8 question not another when will it be done

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

H8 question not another when will it be done

Postby BarryC » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:49 am

well as it says its not another one of them,
my understanding is that Colby can read from the H8 processor the problem is reflashing is sometimes unstable,
is it possible to get a version of Ecuflash that can read the rom from this processor????
my thinking is that I am not confident nor experienced enough to start flashing from scratch so if I could download the rom from my 5 stock ecu and then I will refit an ecu from an Evo 7 into my 5 then I could upload the rom from my stock 5 Ecu into my new ECU and start tuning from there,
is this possible or am I looking for the impossible???

Barry
BarryC

Postby BarryC » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:46 am

anybody?????
BarryC

Re: H8 question not another when will it be done

Postby Sanctifier » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:59 am

BarryC wrote:...my understanding is that Colby can read from the H8 processor the problem is reflashing is sometimes unstable,
is it possible to get a version of Ecuflash that can read the rom from this processor????
my thinking is that I am not confident nor experienced enough to start flashing from scratch so if I could download the rom from my 5 stock ecu and then I will refit an ecu from an Evo 7 into my 5 then I could upload the rom from my stock 5 Ecu into my new ECU and start tuning from there,

Barry

How do you even start the initialization string of either E5 or E7 ECU to read the ROM?
Isn't the second (initialization) socket also missing from your E5 harness?

As an alternative, isn't it possible to swap in an E7/E8 harness with extra initialization
socket and then reflash and use the newer ECU in your E5?
Sanctifier

Postby BarryC » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:41 am

Sanctifier wrote:
BarryC wrote:...my understanding is that Colby can read from the H8 processor the problem is reflashing is sometimes unstable,

Barry

How do you even start the initialization string of either E5 or E7 ECU to read the ROM?
Isn't the second (initialization) socket also missing from your E5 harness?

As an alternative, isn't it possible to swap in an E7/E8 harness with extra initialization
socket and then reflash and use the newer ECU in your E5?

I dont know who started this urban myth about the E5/6 having no initialisation socket,
it does have it there are pics on here to prove it from me.
only the E4 does not have it but then it has a totally different type of ECU.
http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=1724
about fitting an ECU from an E7/8 ive already asked the question
http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=1895[/url]
BarryC

Postby Sanctifier » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:59 am

BarryC wrote:I have been investigating this and yes the EVO 4 has only the black standard OBDII connector
but my EVO 5 and I know for a fact that the EVO 6 have the white reflashing connectors pics attached,
and the tatrix cable fits in and is connected to the pin inside the connector
http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=1724

As I said in your other thread...
Unfortunately not all of us are so lucky.
I have a 1999 JDM E6 RS2 with NO white initialization socket in that location.
Is there another alternative location?

There's also another JDM E6, this time a GSR, that also has no socket in that location.
Sanctifier

Postby BarryC » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:52 am

the socket is not down beside the OBDII socket it is hidden up on the wiring loom that goes to the ignition switch, I only found it by removing the panel underneath the steering wheel.
failing that look on your ECU if pin 79 has a green and white cable in it then the socket has to be there somewhere.
I find it hard to believe that Mitsubishi build some Evo's with the socket and others without, after all every Evo comes from the same production line and when the reach their country of destination are modified for the country regulations,[img][img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/bjwcleary/evo5ecu.jpg[/img][/img]
BarryC

Return to Reflashing Software