2007 Impreza 2.5i USDM

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

2007 Impreza 2.5i USDM

Postby RaceFaceXC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:53 pm

I am attempting to read the ECU rom using EcuFlash v 1.34. When i am prompted to select the type of vehicle the only selection with a 2007 model year is the WRX-STi option. So i tried that since Im only doing a read. When i start a read it looks like its doing everything correctly, takes about 2 or 3 mins to download the ROM image and then it says

"Unknown ROM Image - EcuFlash could not recognize this ROM image with any of the current definitions. please choose from the following:"

so i pick to go ahead and save (will not be able to view or edit). And the error i get in the EcuFlash Task Info window is

"Image File is incorrect size"

It saves a .hex file but i cant read it with anything that i know of (tried text/spreadsheet/html app's of various mfg's) and i get the same "image file incorrect size" error if i try to open it in EcuFlash.

So I looked for newer EcuFlash definitions for the 2007 Impreza 2.5i everywhere and cannot find them at all! Am I doing something wrong? Just need new/correct def's for my 2.5i? Where can I find them? My eyeballs are going to implode from staring at this screen forever trying to find new def's. thanks for any help!

I attached the ROM Image that i apparantly DL'd from my ECU incase anyone wants to see if they can view it on thier ECU app. to see if its valid/real, etc?
Attachments
read image 2-18-08.hex
2007 Impreza 2.5i USDM
(1 MiB) Downloaded 1180 times
RaceFaceXC

Postby merchgod » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:23 am

get the latest Ecuflash defs here:
http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=3031

The "incorrect file size" is a bug in Ecuflash. First, install the latest ECU defs. Then read the ROM. If you get the same "unknown ROM image" box, then, assuming you installed the latest ECU defs properly, you have a new image which is not currently supported. Because of the bug, you'll need to choose "inherit" and choose one of the other 07 2.5i defs (which is probably what you did to get the file you attached, that file is already supported). Then save your ROM file. But don't edit it in Ecuflash with this (flashing is ok).
merchgod

Postby PowerAdder919 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:49 pm

Im working the same thing.. 07 2.5i..

i got everything to appear to work correctly, however i cant seem to get it to add or take away fuel.

the car has a custom turbo kit with 03 wrx injectors, everything else relating to the ecu is stock.

what am i missing here...
PowerAdder919

Return to Reflashing Software