ECUFlash technical article on www.scoobypedia.co.uk

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ECUFlash technical article on www.scoobypedia.co.uk

Postby crispyduck » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:36 pm

Colby,

I set up a Subaru technical knowledge base a while back on my Scoobypedia.co.uk site for me to record useful information during my Scooby ownership.

It would be great if I had your permission to publish a technical article on the excellent ECUFlash software you're working on. I've set up an empty placeholder page called Reading and reflashing ECUs using ECUFlash.

The main advantage with this site is the information can be managed by the community (click the "edit" link on each page and add you name/initials in the Author field). It could be a one-stop-shop for anyone wanting to use ECUFlash. Perhaps you might want to develop a FAQ on here with common problems and solutions.

I also intend asking qoncept for permission to post something similar to the above on Enginuity.

Look forward to your feedback.
-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby cboles » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:46 pm

Thanks for doing this. At some point I was hoping to expand openecu.org to something more than a web forum so that it would be easier to find the most pertinent info for users (e.g. FAQs and getting started instructions). It sounds like you may have this covered!
cboles
Site Admin

Postby crispyduck » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:37 pm

Forums like the one you have set up are excellent for community learning especially when developing something this - OpenECU. The hard thing is for new users to extract information from forums, mainly due to mass of information one might to have read or piece together.

That's why I thought I'd have a go at setting up a Wiki to capture the information buried within various Subaru technical forums. Newbie’s simply want to get the information they need from a 'trusted source'. A trusted source is something that is kept up to date. Static web pages are no good as the information goes stale and can only be updated by the web publisher. Wiki's, like Scoobypedia, are great as they favour authors over readers making it quick and easy for anyone to edit and update a page.

Anyway hopefully I'll find a few regular people who might help me maintain the information as the knowledge base grows. As you say FAQs, quick start information and even user guides for ECUFlash can be added to this Wiki.

I'm more than happy to start the ball rolling by writing up my experiences with ECUFlash. This would perhaps be a 1st draft getting started guide. If you have any material (words and/or pictures) for ECUFlash feel free to send them my way as I'll incorporate them on Scoobypedia.

-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby crispyduck » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:39 pm

I'm going to bed now but have had time to add an introduction to ECUFlash on the Scoobypedia page above. Yet to add details of the flash block connector etc, etc.

More to be added over the next week...
crispyduck

Postby ThatOneGuyOverThere » Wed May 31, 2006 8:10 pm

bump good project, hope you can add more to it
ThatOneGuyOverThere

Postby 05GarnetLGT » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:25 am

I added a bit about EcuEdit's axis defs and what they mean.
05GarnetLGT

Postby crispyduck » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:46 am

Nice one, thanks for contributing.
-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby crispyduck » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:19 am

I also updated the release history up to v1.2.0.70beta and corrected all OpenECU forum URLs.
crispyduck

Return to Reflashing Software