ECU Flash-Open User Guide/XML-ROM Comparison Guide

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

ECU Flash-Open User Guide/XML-ROM Comparison Guide

Postby mtcavity » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:01 pm

This article has no author in my eyes because the information is from researching the Open ECU forums. Just the mistakes are mine.

I have a general disclaimer following this because of the nature of this information. This manual was compiled of outside sources, Open ECU articles, and my own LIMITED knowledge of the subject. I began flashing with motorcycles (Delphi) and completely understand it, but automobiles are INTENSLY more complicated. I used an “extrapolation of knowledge” to describe some of the maps and values (this amounts to “bullshit” in plain English), and wish to receive help in making sure it is DEAD ON ACCURATE. So no smart remarks or cracks for information that is wrong. I thought this would be easy, and it was not. I NEED YOUR INFO!

I will again trust it if it gets the right approval, till then use this carefully as to not let it MIS-INFORM you.

I've spent some time trying to get a comprehensive guide to the ECU Flash software, but I have run in to a limited knowledge of some of the principals of a few maps and values. I also have some difficulty understanding the structure to how Subaru (Denso) ECU measures in 16 bit and 32 bit, and have yet to modify anything BUT Mitsubishis.

The size of the files leaves them limited in alterations, so if you would like to submit any corrections/additions please post them or PM me and I’ll revise the original to keep it up front.

I will be playing with my fathers 05 FXT during the winter, and read up on the sensor input/output specific to Subaru’s. I will be purchasing the Master Manual (mechanical) soon and that should help me out a bit.

So this is only Mitsubishi specific until I learn Subaru. Till then feel free in informing my Subaru neglecting ass in any way, shape, or form.

Overall I would like to see one big comprehensive manual when it is said and done, unless separate Mitsu/Subaru manuals can be more focused on there specific characteristics and more sensible.

Some of the information is from other sites, guides on forums or technical articles from Automotive Institutes, although I only took LIMITED text and probably far from any sort-a copyright infringement. Non-the-less, if it bothers any of the original authors, I will remove and re-write the articles in question and apologize in advance.

Peace.
Attachments
ECU Flash - User Guide Compalation.pdf
(3.96 MiB) Downloaded 2288 times
ECU Flash - User Guide Compalation.doc
(4.92 MiB) Downloaded 1115 times
Last edited by mtcavity on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mtcavity

Postby crispyduck » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:49 pm

mtcavity,

Wow, looks you have put a lot of effort in to this one. Thanks for sharing it.

I thought you might get more contributors if others were able to quickly edit/alter things themselves - its quicker. To this end I've converted your Word document to the Scoobypedia Wiki knowledge base (see link below):

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/ ... hUserGuide

I thought I'd do this to see if you were interested in maintaining this information where a lot of other related information is. As people concurrently edit and change this you can see what they have done by clicking the 'History' link in the top corner. If you don't like it, you can quickly 'Restore' any previous version.

If you would have prefered I did not publish your technical article here just let me know and I'll remove it - no hard feelings.

-Steve.
P.S: Given that it's a kind of auto import from Word it could do with a little formatting.
crispyduck

GREAT IDEA!

Postby mtcavity » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:28 pm

YES! (keep it posted)

This is why I love wiki (for the editing). I am at a loss on why I missed the whole benefits of using these sites. This also handles the problem of my lack of Subaru knowledge also!

Like I said, this is Open ECU and similar sources. I just hope to bring all pertinent info to a "one source guide". I intend on links to all sources to do further follow-up on info of interest and so they receive there DUE credit to THERE work.

I will post updates to the user guides here (along with revision dates), to keep a guide on this site. Other than that I'll direct people to your link for editing.

I would like to eventually add an XML guide to walk people through the principals of definition creation, and finding tables, scales and values in HEX. Don't you have this going already?

Thank you Steve!
mtcavity

Postby STiBottom » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks for this man. It was a great read. I just read the thing from start to finish and actually learned a lot about knock. Thanks again

Just realized that this is over a year and a half old but it deserves to be alive still haha
STiBottom

Re: ECU Flash-Open User Guide/XML-ROM Comarison Guide

Postby radsdau » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:29 pm

mtcavity wrote:“extrapolation of knowledge”

lol- I love it- that's awesome!! :lol: You win the prize for best new phrase of the week....

Re. the doco- great work- thanks so much!
radsdau

Re: ECU Flash-Open User Guide/XML-ROM Comarison Guide

Postby mtcavity » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:08 pm

radsdau wrote:
mtcavity wrote:“extrapolation of knowledge”

lol- I love it- that's awesome!! :lol: You win the prize for best new phrase of the week....

Re. the doco- great work- thanks so much!

I recently stumbled across another top 10 Kory phrases.

Ask the next chick your with to; “Chisel your statue”. I originally used it while talking to a friend; “Dude, you could have hung out too if you were not so busy with some sleaze in Jersey “chiseling your statue".

I Googled the phrase and no rapper ever used it in their lyrics, so I am pretty sure it is an original. :lol:
mtcavity

Return to General Discussion