Mitsubishi Evo4-EvoX and Subaru EvoScan Datalogging Project

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Re: Load Calc feature?

Postby A418t81 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:30 pm

v.97 does not log my LC1 correctly. I log values of 5.xx at idle. Also, I tried checking "log wb to .csv" but it weirds my laptop out, logs at 1 sample per sec and generally crashes my computer. WB logs perfectly along with all other data, but obviously shows incorrect values. Would you like any files generated, evo4mad?

Edit: To add to this, LC-1 is selected as the WB as well as the correct COM port. Also, opening log works during the same session (obvious evoscan not logging) shows idle AFRs to be dead on.
A418t81

Postby Roberto » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:12 pm

v0.97 logs from my LC-1 perfectly. I'm using a Dell C800 with a built-in RS-232 port.
Roberto

Postby hexman » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:01 am

A418t81 wrote:v.97 does not log my LC1 correctly. I log values of 5.xx at idle. Also, I tried checking "log wb to .csv" but it weirds my laptop out, logs at 1 sample per sec and generally crashes my computer. WB logs perfectly along with all other data, but obviously shows incorrect values. Would you like any files generated, evo4mad?

Edit: To add to this, LC-1 is selected as the WB as well as the correct COM port. Also, opening log works during the same session (obvious evoscan not logging) shows idle AFRs to be dead on.

Make sure that you do not have log works open when running EvoScan or visa versa. The com port can only be used by one app at a time.
hexman

Postby A418t81 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:52 pm

hexman wrote:
A418t81 wrote:v.97 does not log my LC1 correctly. I log values of 5.xx at idle. Also, I tried checking "log wb to .csv" but it weirds my laptop out, logs at 1 sample per sec and generally crashes my computer. WB logs perfectly along with all other data, but obviously shows incorrect values. Would you like any files generated, evo4mad?

Make sure that you do not have log works open when running EvoScan or visa versa. The com port can only be used by one app at a time.

Yes, I understand this, its not the problem. I'm going to try another machine with a built-in serial connector.
A418t81

Postby hexman » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:41 am

A418t81 wrote:
hexman wrote:

Yes, I understand this, its not the problem. I'm going to try another machine with a built-in serial connector.

OK just trying to help. I did FWIW have a problem with my serial to USB adapter which I bought on Ebay. Tried different drivers with no success. However I did have a laptop with serial connector and it conected successfully. Picked up another USB to serial adapter (RadioShack) and the problems went away.
hexman

Postby thefranchise » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:58 pm

could anyone explain the differences in the values and inputs of
AirFlow and AirVol ?

I figure that AirFlow is in Hz and relates to the Karmen signal generated by the MAS to the ECU. wtf is AirVol though? i dont know what the units are and what drives the input for that?
thefranchise

Postby 3gturbo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:39 am

Is there any way to fix the problem of evoscan outputting incorrect values on decelaration. evo scan logs 80-120 afr on decel when it should be reading 20.9:1 and my lm-1 is outputting 20.9:1. this messes up the scaling when trying to view the logs.
3gturbo

Postby Jon [in CT] » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:14 am

When you're motoring the engine, there is no fuel supplied. So your AFR is technically infinite.
Jon [in CT]

Postby 3gturbo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:47 pm

Jon [in CT] wrote:When you're motoring the engine, there is no fuel supplied. So your AFR is technically infinite.

I understand that I just don't understand why evoscan can't put the max afr logged at 20.9 and anything above that read 0 or 20.9
3gturbo

Postby laakness » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:51 pm

3gturbo wrote:Is there any way to fix the problem of evoscan outputting incorrect values on decelaration. evo scan logs 80-120 afr on decel when it should be reading 20.9:1 and my lm-1 is outputting 20.9:1. this messes up the scaling when trying to view the logs.

Evoscan will read in the serial data that your Wideband is sending it. Do you have the XD gauge hooked up, because by default THAT has a max of 20.9 on it, so if it goes out of range it will display that and the word o2 repeating...just a guess.
laakness

Postby 3gturbo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:44 am

laakness wrote:Evoscan will read in the serial data that your Wideband is sending it. Do you have the XD gauge hooked up, because by default THAT has a max of 20.9 on it, so if it goes out of range it will display that and the word o2 repeating...just a guess.

I have the lm-1 inputting into my e-01 and display the data there it never goes over 20.9. What I suspect is happening is when I let off the gas instead of evoscan logging the 20.9 reading displayed on my screen it logs erroneous data in the 80-120:1 afr range so when you open a data log it scales the left side to the highest data logged. When your trying to look at a range of 3-4 afr jumping to 120 makes your log a straight line which makes it alot harder to see the afr.
3gturbo

Postby laakness » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:14 am

Ah, gotcha. I'll have to take a look at one of my logs on my laptop and see if I get a similar behavior. I'll post back later.
laakness

Postby laakness » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:26 pm

You're right, my log showed a 60 then a 30 after i let out of the gas on a drag-strip run, so it's logging everything the wideband is sending. What are you viewing your log with that scales it like that?

I use DataLogLab and you can view sections of your log so I never see stuff like that.
laakness

Postby 3gturbo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:08 am

laakness wrote:You're right, my log showed a 60 then a 30 after i let out of the gas on a drag-strip run, so it's logging everything the wideband is sending. What are you viewing your log with that scales it like that?

I use DataLogLab and you can view sections of your log so I never see stuff like that.

ecuedit is what I use
3gturbo

Postby tirbolag9 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:46 pm

Hi

I've been trying to use aktive matrix to unlock my ecu. Aktive matrix requires to use .net v2 while evoscan uses .netv1.1

After installing .net v2...evoscan keeps prompting "ftdi timeout"

any info or directions to link would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks a million!
tirbolag9

PreviousNext

Return to Data Logging Software