Barometric compensation adjusted to climate

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Barometric compensation adjusted to climate

Postby C6ect.ect » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:48 am

I do know the ECU monitors the barometric psi and will adjust timing in respect, my question is how would I fine tune these values to be a little more specific to my driving environment (sea level).

Since Evo ECU is known to pull timing for other reasons than knock activity, I was pondering on perhaps the factory baro settings are way too broad to accomidate different climates which sounds likely part of reason for inconsistant timing.

My car is driven at sea level 100% of the time so would tuning the barometer compensation for this provide any benifits? Or is it totally different?

If so, how :)

Thanks
C6ect.ect

Postby Freon » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:25 pm

What is your car?

I believe on Subarus there is no direct barometric pressure to timing correction. IAT, yes. Baro compensates against boost limit as well.

I'd fish all the maps you have listed and see what you have and try to relate what you experience and log to the maps. There may be unfound maps, though.
Freon

Postby C6ect.ect » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:33 pm

The Evo 8 FSM states the car will advance timing in accordinance with altitude. I dont know if it's indirectly - less knock from altitude, or directly from the MAF output from psi sensor.

Nonetheless the EcuFlash does provide quite a window of variable to mess around with in respect to barometric compensation which leeds me to ask.

Thanks
C6ect.ect

Return to Reflashing Software