Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4/5/6/7/8/9 EvoScan Project

Developer topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby SkieurFou » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:42 am

I use an Innovate LC-1 but it isn't hooked on an EVO, it is on a Toyota MR2 Spyder but if I can help let me know.
SkieurFou

Postby zlancerman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:16 am

Evo4Mad wrote:Wanted:

Testers for Wideband cables:

WideBand - Innovate LC-1
WideBand - Innovate LM-1
WideBand - AEM UEGO
WideBand - Zeitronix Zt-2

Hey, I've got an AEM UEGO. Let me know what you want me to do and I'll be happy to beta test again ;)
zlancerman

Postby alwaysinboost » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:39 am

Evo4Mad wrote:Wanted:

Testers for Wideband cables:

WideBand - Innovate LC-1
WideBand - Innovate LM-1
WideBand - AEM UEGO
WideBand - Zeitronix Zt-2

I have an LC-1 installed; email me at alwaysinboost@msn.com if you need me to test something.
alwaysinboost

Postby justchil » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:01 am

Zt2 here with all options (egt/map etc..)

Willing to help anyway I can :)

justchil<at>justchil.net if you need me :)
justchil

Postby c-spec » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:41 pm

i have th zeitronix setup also, but my are connect to the usb port instead of rs232 serial. i would like to see if it works aswell, thanks
c-spec

Postby Evo4Mad » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:47 pm

You would need to try the virtual com port driver in that case, because I have programmed it to use the serial port COM1. I will try and get hold of some widebands here locally, so that I can try it out myself.

c-spec wrote:i have th zeitronix setup also, but my are connect to the usb port instead of rs232 serial. i would like to see if it works aswell, thanks
Evo4Mad

Postby c-spec » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:02 am

Evo4Mad wrote:You would need to try the virtual com port driver in that case, because I have programmed it to use the serial port COM1. I will try and get hold of some widebands here locally, so that I can try it out myself.

c-spec wrote:i have th zeitronix setup also, but my are connect to the usb port instead of rs232 serial. i would like to see if it works aswell, thanks

cool. my laptop doesn't serial port, only USB, so i use serial to USB cable. if you can a feature to select whihc comm port port or device to slect the signal
the Seitronix is coming from that would be awsome.
Last edited by c-spec on Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c-spec

Postby Evo4Mad » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:34 am

RallyCam is lending me his Innovate LM1, so I'll easily be able to add support now.
Evo4Mad

Postby evomaniac » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:28 pm

For the wide band could you add logging for the PLX Devices r-500?

It connects to the laptop through a USB.
evomaniac

OBD Codes/ Clearing

Postby ECUBlues » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:21 pm

I have seen the P0141 and P0136---- both releated to the rear O2 sensor in the USDM Evolutions---- and it seems that there is no check for that code in EVOScan. If I also clear the codes---- it is still there (using a scan tool to pull the code). Support for the codes and datalogging of that sensor would be a nice addition. Other than that..... everything works very well. One other "nicety" would be a "direct" correlation to the fuel and timing maps for load. For example it would help tremendously if you could see the actual load that is referred to in the map. Also if it was possible, knowing where the ECU is pulling its figures from, i.e. when the datalogger states "15-degrees timing" and my maps are 17 on the high octane and 6 on the low octane---- it would be interesting to see how it does it, especially timing on the EVO IX as it has three timing maps.
ECUBlues

Postby Evo4Mad » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:44 pm

sorry I dont have access to one of those devices, I would be happy to add support for it if I did.

evomaniac wrote:For the wide band could you add logging for the PLX Devices r-500?

It connects to the laptop through a USB.
Evo4Mad

Re: OBD Codes/ Clearing

Postby c-spec » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:16 pm

ECUBlues wrote:I have seen the P0141 and P0136---- both releated to the rear O2 sensor in the USDM Evolutions---- and it seems that there is no check for that code in EVOScan. If I also clear the codes---- it is still there (using a scan tool to pull the code). Support for the codes and datalogging of that sensor would be a nice addition. Other than that..... everything works very well. One other "nicety" would be a "direct" correlation to the fuel and timing maps for load. For example it would help tremendously if you could see the actual load that is referred to in the map. Also if it was possible, knowing where the ECU is pulling its figures from, i.e. when the datalogger states "15-degrees timing" and my maps are 17 on the high octane and 6 on the low octane---- it would be interesting to see how it does it, especially timing on the EVO IX as it has three timing maps.

well about the timing figure. Just because your ecu map is at 17 that doesn't mean it will be. that's why there's a knock map. anytime the ecu get to sudden knock count it will pull timing. Also just because yuo are on race gas that doesn't mean it wouldn't knock either, due to the tune or the harmonic sensor picking noises inside your tranny. if you are on high octane your timing shoud be 18-22. Is there a reason why your timing is only 6 on low octane?? that's pretty low.
Last edited by c-spec on Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c-spec

FJO Wideband Controller Support

Postby ScrappyJack » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:00 am

If you are interested in adding support for the FJO wideband controller, I'll be happy to try and source any info you need. It writes to the computer via a serial cable.
ScrappyJack

Re: OBD Codes/ Clearing

Postby S54fan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:28 pm

ECUBlues wrote:I have seen the P0141 and P0136---- both releated to the rear O2 sensor in the USDM Evolutions---- and it seems that there is no check for that code in EVOScan. If I also clear the codes---- it is still there (using a scan tool to pull the code). Support for the codes and datalogging of that sensor would be a nice addition. Other than that..... everything works very well. One other "nicety" would be a "direct" correlation to the fuel and timing maps for load. For example it would help tremendously if you could see the actual load that is referred to in the map. Also if it was possible, knowing where the ECU is pulling its figures from, i.e. when the datalogger states "15-degrees timing" and my maps are 17 on the high octane and 6 on the low octane---- it would be interesting to see how it does it, especially timing on the EVO IX as it has three timing maps.

If you log request ID 27 you should get a number from 0-255. On 0 I believe it reads the low octane maps. On 255 I believe it reads the high octane maps, in between it interpolates between the two I think.

On the IX I believe it uses #2 ignition maps in normal operation.

On MY IX (but others haven't reproduced this) if you lock request ID 38 and multiply the result by 1.25 I get what appears to be engine load.
S54fan

Postby justchil » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:16 pm

Did I miss something or did all the chatter die off after this last release? :shock: :lol:

Don't get me wrong the program is great.. I'm just looking forward to some graphing and additional features :)
justchil

PreviousNext

Return to Data Logging Software