ecuEdit v2.4 - ECU Tuning & Logging solution

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby x99percent » Thu May 25, 2006 11:04 am

cboles wrote:2) The problem you are seeing really only comes up when you use XMLWrite, because it sets the min/max to 0, which is incorrect. I will add code to detect this case and size the cells with a different strategy.

Excellent! ...and a very good point on #3.

Your program (and cable ;)) rocks! I'm looking forward to seeing what other features are added.
x99percent

Postby epifan » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:03 am

new ecuEdit v1.2.0.70beta
- new tool - scaling. <scaling> descibe axis or data parameters and contain most of <row>,<col>,<data> attributes. Built-in editor for scaling.
- new tool - checksum. <checksum> describe algorithm of checksum calculation. Identificators are [ecu_type] and ECU file size.
- new attributes [incdata], [incdatab] in <scaling> and <data> for describe increment in real values ([inc], [incb] for increment in ecu-format data)
- new attributes [max], [min] in <scaling> and <data> for describe min and max values
- new attributes [metric] in <scaling> and <data>,<rows>,<cols> for describe unit name string
- float in HexViewer
- new attribute class="Igintion"|"Boost"|"string" in <ecu_struct> for map grouping
- single map XML viewer with edit support (Ctrl+X)
- map struct description included for DBW Subaru ECU (used for describe map by map offset)
- other bug fixes and improvements

Download ecuEdit v1.2.0.70beta
epifan

Postby epifan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:06 pm

new ecuEdit v1.2.0.71beta
- map list tree view with/without map type grouping (3d,2d,1d)
- Log Viewer: custom log table with graph (surface, bar plot)
- other bug fixes and improvements
- clone ECU description in edit ECU description dialog

Download ecuEdit v1.2.0.71beta

Custom Log Screen:
Last edited by epifan on Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
epifan

Postby west_minist » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:29 pm

I posted a bug for you. Not in here tho. I cannot add inc value in .70, but in .66

Nice program. I use it a lot.

Keep up the good work.
west_minist

Postby west_minist » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:02 am

Now either some is looking @ some else work, but since you may have release first, I can only guess that the competition will follow with your custom maps view
west_minist

Postby swifty » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:36 am

is there a plan for realtime tuning within Ecuedit ?
swifty

Postby epifan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:55 am

swifty wrote:is there a plan for realtime tuning within Ecuedit ?

I'm don't planing to direct work with ECU (support flashing, loging and reading RAM by SSM-protocol and etc), because I havent so much free time to do this. If any would start to develop this futures as plug-ins (DLL or other) I'm rather include plug-in support in ecuEdit.
epifan

Postby epifan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:00 am

west_minist wrote:I posted a bug for you. Not in here tho. I cannot add inc value in .70, but in .66

ecuEdit have 2 types of increment values:
1. direct increment ECU data value (integer) and after convert it to new screen value. Use inc="", incb="" (for big increment) attributes
2. increment screen value, convert it to ECU data value by reverse expression and after that convert it back to screen value. Use incdata="", incdatab="" attributes
epifan

Found a bug: Cant re-enable 3-D Graphic Display

Postby Spec C Wannabe » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:31 pm

Hi Epifan,

I cant get the 3D display re-enabled after hiding it by dragging its left edge all the way to the right most of the map screen.

I found this happen only when i hid it and closed the EcuEdit. The graphic could not be re-enabled in the next session. I was trying to drag it out from the left edge without success.

The attached picture show how I hid the 3D graphic. I dragged the left edge of 3d screen all the way to the right. The end result would look like the map above (the B-Manual map) which I could not drag the 3d out anymore

Also attached the affected hex file for your examination.
Attachments
PPP_A4TE100G 03 Euro WRX.hex
This is the sample of the affected file. Try Desired Boost A-Auto and B manual and also Max and Min WGD
(192 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
Hiding 3D Graphic.JPG
The top map is the one that I cant drag 3D out. The bottom map just to show you how I hide the 3D
Hiding 3D Graphic.JPG (144.02 KiB) Viewed 11099 times
Spec C Wannabe

Postby epifan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:43 pm

Use RegEdit to delete stored screen parameters for this map:
REGEDIT: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\epifanSoft\ecuEdit\Forms\ and there find your "#04 boost (b-manual)" and delete it.

btw, I try to cath this bug :wink:
epifan

Postby Spec C Wannabe » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:28 am

Hi Epifan,

Thanks for checking out the bug.....But sorry I know very very little about XML programming.

How can I get to the RegEdit? And What should it look like when I get there? Sorry am blind with it. :oops:
Spec C Wannabe

Postby Tea cups » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:53 am

Regedit is a windows application and is not specific to Ecuedit. You can start it by going to the start button -> run -> then type in regedit. I wouldn't mess with it until you learn more about it as you can cause some serious problems with your entire system if you screw something up.
Tea cups

Postby Tea cups » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:13 pm

Is there a way to use the "calc map desc" feature with 32-bit roms? Seems to only work with 16-bit offsets. When trying to find maps, it would be cool if you could just enter in the 32-bit offset and it would fill in the axis length, axis and data offsets, data storagetype, and automatically change the storagetype for the axis to float.

XSWREX - it would be great if you could put out a separate utility that could take any 32-bit file and generate generic XML for all the maps in a revision, similar to the feature built-in to xmlwrite that will give you unknown maps.
Tea cups

Postby epifan » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:05 am

Tea cups wrote:Is there a way to use the "calc map desc" feature with 32-bit roms? Seems to only work with 16-bit offsets.

This was done in v1.2.0.70beta :wink:

Code: Select all
<ecu_tools>
   <map_struct ecu_type="Sub32">
      <element attr="rows_storagetype" value="'float'"/>
      <element attr="cols_storagetype" value="'float'"/>
      <element offset="2" attr="map_type" value="if((([v16]=0) or ([v16]=4) or ([v16]=8)),2,3)"/>
      <element offset="-2"/>
      <element if="[map_type]=3" attr="cols" value="[v16r]"/>
      <element if="[map_type]=3" offset="2" attr="rows" value="[v16r]"/>
      <element if="[map_type]=3" offset="2" attr="cols_offset" value="[v32r]"/>
      <element if="[map_type]=3" offset="4" attr="rows_offset" value="[v32r]"/>
      <element if="[map_type]=3" offset="4" attr="data_offset" value="[v32r]"/>
      <element if="[map_type]=3" offset="4" attr="data_storagetype" value="IF([v16]=0,'float',IF([v16]=8,'uint16','uint8'))"/>
      <element if="[map_type]=2" attr="rows" value="[v16r]"/>
      <element if="[map_type]=2" offset="2" attr="data_storagetype" value="IF([v16]=0,'float',IF([v16]=8,'uint16','uint8'))"/>
      <element if="[map_type]=2" offset="2" attr="rows_offset" value="[v32r]"/>
      <element if="[map_type]=2" offset="4" attr="data_offset" value="[v32r]"/>
   </map_struct>
</ecu_tools>
epifan

Postby Tea cups » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:34 pm

Awesome. I just realized I needed to change the type from sub16 to sub32. Also, maybe for a future release, if it could also automatically include the multiplier and additive, if given, in the convert expression field that would be great as well.

Is there a way to autogenerate all the 2d/3d maps on an unmapped revision?
Tea cups

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software