Weird stuff after upgrading to 1.44

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Weird stuff after upgrading to 1.44

Postby SinistiR » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:14 am

Greetings all,

I have been tuning a twin scroll EJ207 swapped 02 WRX track car for the last two years without issue, AH581(A4TE0028). I was using EcuFlash 1.43.3252 up until a month ago when I moved to 1.44.3721. He made a turbo change so I needed to change wastegate duty. I read the ecu and flashed it with no issue. But after flashing with 1.44, I have no AVCS and wastegate duty is locked into what the previous maps were tuned at. I tried going back to 1.43 and some previous versions of the map I am using, but cam control and wastegate duty wont come back on line. Any ideas? Is there a neutral switch toggle now that I am not seeing?

Thanks
SinistiR

Re: Weird stuff after upgrading to 1.44

Postby SinistiR » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:27 pm

? ? ?
SinistiR

Postby mporeda » Tue May 07, 2013 11:59 am

Perhaps you lowered your user level to a level that is below what is required to access that part of the ROM? You can try upping the level in the 'Options' menu by looking at 'User Level' under the metadata section. If that's not it then there must be something different about the definitions. If you look under your install folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash) you'll see a folder labeled 'backup' with some numbers after it. Each time you install EcuFlash it will backup your old rommetadata directory automatically. You can go in to your options menu and point to the most recent previous definitions (the backup folder with the highest number after it). What do you mean by "neutral switch toggle"?
mporeda

Postby SinistiR » Tue May 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Thank you kind sir for the response.

User level is the first thing I change, set it to developer. I was not aware of the backup function for metadata and I think this may be causing my issue. Thank you for that information. I have a new laptop and am in the process of installing ecuflash. I will try and write the ECU with an older version and a virgin ROM file and see how we do.

For 16bit ECU's, Cobbs AccessTuner has a toggle (tick box) to "invert neutral switch" for cars with swapped transmissions.

Thanks
Andy
SinistiR

Postby Sasha_A80 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:11 pm

xxBITBASE.xml were changed.
You need to correct table names in your ecu definition xml to restore the functionality.
Sasha_A80

Postby Rally-fan » Sat May 07, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi ,
i'v recnetly updated Ecuflash to version 1.44.4671 and since then i've lost metric values for target boost etc , as i live in EU i'm not common with psi or °f , we use bar + km/h +°C .

Is there a way to go back to metric values ?

Before there was the posibilty to download metric defs or standard defs but that seems to be no more available ?
Rally-fan

Return to Reflashing Software