Tactrix Losing Connection at WOT

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Tactrix Losing Connection at WOT

Postby nfm » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:59 pm

Hey guys,

I have a 2.0 rev e tactrix that is losing connection when going on WOT. This is really annoying. I happens on my 05 WRX, sometimes in the 4K RPM and sometimes in the 6K RPM. On my friends 08 WRX it happens around 3.5K RPM. I switched to much thicker USB cable and that helped maybe a bit. What the heck is going on? How should I log WOT pulls and check where my car is knocking when tactrix disconnects? I'm using RomRaider and it gives out error 9 or something along the lines.

Thanks.
nfm

Re: Tactrix Losing Connection at WOT

Postby nfm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Bump this still giving me trouble, I tried using ferrite chokes on usb cable and also have SSD disk which doesn't cause trouble due to gforce
nfm

Re: Tactrix Losing Connection at WOT

Postby mporeda » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm not familiar with the problem that you're talking about but maybe it's due to RomRaider not seeing a new packet of information so it might disconnect. One way to troubleshoot the problem would be to setup logging on the SD card (which it sounds like you might have already done) and note if there are any irregularities in what it reports. In particular look for lines of data that show repeating values in subsequent log entries. If the next logging time interval is reached and no new information is received, you'll see the same information on the SD card log file at that next interval. The ECU is in some ways deprioritizing the request for log data because perhaps at WOT there are a number of other things going on in the ECU such that it doesn't have the bus bandwidth to accommodate your request.

Have you tried posting this question on the RomRaider site?
mporeda

Return to General Discussion