Unknown rom image and ecuflashes closes

Links to datasheets, websites, etc. relevant to the project

Moderator: Freon

Unknown rom image and ecuflashes closes

Postby alexey2357 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi All,

Sorry if I ask simple questions. I've bought openport 2. When I connected it to a laptop using usb it didn't work.
I have Mitsubishi Lancer 2006 2.4l 4G49. Then I noticed another connector in a car and inserted into it mitsubishi reflash connector for pre-CAN vehicles. I connected this reflash connector and Openport with the cable which was in openport2 box.
I use 1.44 Ecuflash. When I started it it said that it can't find ftd2xx.dll. I found that file in openport 1.3 folder. Copied to the folder where ecuflash was. Started it and no error.
To read ROM I selected Mitsubishi Ralliart 256k as it was said here
After that it started doing something a car did 2-3 clicks and program started read data from ecu. When it finished it showed message box with the text "All operations are completed successfully. If you're done with your ECU, turn the ignition off". I turned ignition off. Pressed "OK" button it showed me dialog "Unknown ROM image". After 5-15 second dialog disappeared and ecu flash closed unexpectedly(probably bug).
I started once again ECUFlash and it started closing unexpectedly 10-50 seconds after start. I reinstalled ecu flash, started again and it didn't close unexpectedly. I repeated all over again and was able to make screenshoot. As I understand I don't have a definition file, but why it closes after 10-15 seconds? Could it be that I use not the right FTD2xx.dll? I use Windows XP Tablet Edition Service pack 2.
Both times I noticed the file appears in the uploads folder. It has the name "56324bd9_M32176F4_mitsubootloader.srf".
Does it mean that I need definition for 56324bd9? If yes where can I find it?
alexey2357

Re: Unknown rom image and ecuflashes closes

Postby mporeda » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Don't worry about not being able to find ftd2xx.dll and don't copy files around between folders. If the driver needed to be in another folder we would release the product that way :) I would just do a clean install of 1.44 and install both drivers. You only need the one but the other driver would remove the message you're asking about. I see every issue that customers email us about and our program crashing has never been one of them. As for the definition, after you do a read, can you attach the image file to your reply? If you aren't able to do a read, can you instead reply back with a copy and paste of everything in the Task Info window on the right side of EcuFlash?
mporeda

Postby alexey2357 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:12 am

Hi mporeda,

Thank you very much for your help.
I think this is the rom file which was downloaded. I found it in uploads folder.
What I noticed that program crashes when that file in that folder. I just created copy of the folder before reading a rom.
When it finished reading it closed automatically(as I described in the first post). I compared using Beyond Compare a copy with the Program files/OpenEcu/...
and found that only that file was added. When I removed that file from that folder the random closing of OpenEcu disappeared.
Here is the file
56324bd9_M32176F4_mitsubootloader.rar
(161.75 KiB) Downloaded 724 times
alexey2357

Postby alexey2357 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:01 pm

mporeda wrote: If you aren't able to do a read, can you instead reply back with a copy and paste of everything in the Task Info window on the right side of EcuFlash?

I attached archive of srf file. I think this is it. If not there's a problem to provide you everything from the log because app closes in 1-5c after I press Ok button in message box.
alexey2357

Postby evolutionVii » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:51 am

I had the same issue, solution was not easy to find.

After reading an Rom file from an ecu that Ecuflash 1.44 doesnt know, the mentioned file is copied into the Uploads folder as an *.srf.
If you had ANY file in that folder, Ecuflash will try to upload the file to tactrix.

BUT: if you dont have an active internet connection at that time, Ecuflash closes after app. 5 seconds ( Maybe an Bug that an non successful upload will not return to Ecuflash in the right way )

SOLUTION:

go into options and DISABLE the " Automatic Upload of unknown rom files" and close the options window ( Preset is automatic upload )

Restart Ecuflash......voila the prog crashes not longer

@mporeda : Please have a look for the Upload routine in 1.44, use it without an active INTERNET / Network connection. then the Bug is easily to determine
evolutionVii

Postby alexey2357 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 pm

evolutionVii wrote:
SOLUTION:

go into options and DISABLE the " Automatic Upload of unknown rom files" and close the options window ( Preset is automatic upload )

Restart Ecuflash......voila the prog crashes not longer

Thank you very much. I'll try it.
alexey2357

Postby mporeda » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:49 am

Thanks evolutionVii, we'll take a look at that right away and we should be able to get a fix out really quick if that is the problem.
mporeda

Postby mporeda » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm

The problem has been solved and will be included in our next release which should be within the week. Thanks for the sluething evolutionVii.
mporeda

Return to Technical Information