open port 1.3u question

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

open port 1.3u question

Postby smirnon » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi guys, i have got an open port cable similar to the one in this picture, http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/41132 ... 600Q85.jpg . apparently the previous owner took the "flashing adaptor" off and now i cant seem to use ecuflash, it keeps giving me the "kernel get version" error.

I noticed that the 1.3u cable that most people have is this one here: http://allobd.com/prodimages/Tactrix/Op ... _large.png . is there any way to wire back this flashing adaptor back into the cable? i have a 2005 edm wrx sti 2.0, and am trying to pull out a copy of my rom from the ecu.

Anyone have any pictures on how it is wired in? or is that not the problem thats causing me "kernel get version"?
smirnon

Re: open port 1.3u question

Postby radsdau » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:39 pm

On the second pic, the ones you're after are the 2 connectors at the bottom, on their own. You'll only need one, but I don't know which, so get both. You should be able to get them from Tactrix.com, otherwise PM me. With those vehicles "kernel get version" is the last thing it tries if it can't upload the kernel, with the hope that the kernel is already running. It has nothing really to do with the kernel, and everything to do with entering flash mode (during which time the kernel is uploaded).
The flash jumper connector goes under the dash too BTW, near the 2 green Test Mode Connectors that must be joined. Sometimes it's taped up, just have a hunt around for it. The connector just clips on the end.
radsdau

Postby smirnon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:31 am

hoho, and you are right again! turn out it as because i had a faulty cable, i tried another cable and it was all good.
smirnon

Postby radsdau » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Good to hear, thanks for the feedback. :)
radsdau

Return to Interface Hardware