Saturn Vue?

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Saturn Vue?

Postby pyroom » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 pm

I have a 2004 Saturn Vue with the Honda j35A1 engine in it. These things are just dying for a tune, as GM limited them in 1st gear, messed up the torque converter lockup (they oscillate between locked an unlocked every few seconds while driving), and limited them to 100mph.

They share the same ECU as the Cobalt I believe. Any idea where to start?
pyroom

Re: Saturn Vue?

Postby radsdau » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Unless it's Subaru or Mitsubishi there's unlikely to be any reflashing support with the tools available on this site. You may chance someone who is able to direct you toward some tuning solutions to suit you though.
Let us know how it goes.
radsdau

Postby randythomas » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:31 pm

It's a Saturn with a Honda under the hood? Kinda new to me but I guess you need to use the Honda ECU instead of using the one in your vehicle.
Last edited by randythomas on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randythomas

Postby pyroom » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:41 pm

The Honda engine is known as the L66 to GM. It's a GM cobalt ECU (Motorola brand), with Honda programming. My local HP tuners can connect to the ECU, but he says the software does not support the BIN files, so it can't be properly tuned.

I've purchased a cable and tried connecting with ECUFlash, and it just reports "error could not connect". I don't know how to go about writing a driver for my ECU since ECUFlash is not open source :(.
pyroom

Return to Tuning Software