Mini Cooper S Tuning

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Re: Mini Cooper S Tuning

Postby TunerTools » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:44 pm

Might well be. I'd like to see it happen myself, just have not seen any news that the details have been worked out
TunerTools

Postby skippydog » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:08 am

Well this died fast. Has anyone continued working on the r56 s mini coopers? If so how for along are you? What can I do to help or to revive the progress? What hardware are you using to pull/push the ecu in files? I am more than happy to help revive this thread and ecu solution for the Mini community. The lack of ecu tuning is seriously crippling the whole community. Ohh btw Hi everyone I just signed up.
skippydog

Postby Solid » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Well, I know that ecu flashing is possible through OBD2 port of the MINI Cooper S (R53).

I'm really interested and will provide all my help and effort to make this happen. I will try to see if the old versions can actually read the map from the R53.

Best regards, a R53 owner,
BRG.
Solid

Postby socalredline » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:07 pm

I have seen that Mynes Tuning is tuning MC's using Ecuflash, and there are other companies local to me as well (GIAC) doing Ecu reflashing... with that said, does anyone have the read template or rom data for a r56 CooperS?
iirc, ecuflash 1.3 might have had these preloaded. If anyone can enlighten me, that would be appreciated: socalredline@gmail.com

cheers!
socalredline

Postby checkmate2006 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:25 am

Good news guys the software in question for the MINI is soon to be released. It is specific to only R53 platform so 02-06 hardtop and 05-08 convertible. Yes it is developed by Jay Bowman who codeveloped ecuflash. You will notice below in the quote the picture of the interface tool is it is identical to the Tatrix interface. I am very excited for this to be released as I have a fully built R53.

Quoted from Mynes/Bytetronik forum

As we work to complete the final testing of the MINIFlash FullAccess (FA53) Tuning Kit, we would like to provide some specifications on the tuning software and its features.

MINIFlash Tuning Kit consist of one piece of Hardware and one piece of Software:

Hardware: The hardware is the MINIport OBD-II device along with a USB cable (see picture below). The MINIport also doubles as a data-logger device and can also log AFR (provided

Software: The FullAccess (FA53) software is a Bytetronik proprietary software designed specifically for the MINI R53 platform. It’s about 10MB in size and can easily be installed on any Windows Platform (Windows 2000 or newer with a minimum of 512MB of RAM). The FA53 has an easy to use GUI for user to easily navigate through the various levels of tasks and commands, and when connected to the MINIport, it allows users to flash and configure their ECUs.

MINIFlash FA53 is a complete tuning kit that allows end-user to perform the following tasks:
1. Have complete access to the mapping inside the ECU with the ability to adjust over 30+ parameters that pertain to Air/Fuel, power delivery and drivability.

2. Have the option to make unlimited maps for various fuel types and perform map-switching via the use of your laptop.

3. Have the ability to Data-log 30+ parameters via the OBD Port for trouble-shooting and performance monitoring.

4. Have the ability to Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and Clear them.

5. Have the ability to Clear ECU Adaptations.

Feature 1: ECU Adjustments. This allows the user to adjust the mappings inside the ECU and tune the engine to maximize the fuel that’s being used. Once you are satisfied with tune, you can save the map and reload it back into the ECU at any given time.

Feature 2: Map Switching. Once the maps are made (typically for 91 Octane, 93 Octane, 100 Octane, Methanol or E85 fuel), then you can simply switch it back by loading the particular map that best suits the situation. For instance, if you are currently running E85 but there are no E85 stations to be found nearby, then it would be wise to get your laptop out, load the “pump gas” map once you fill it up at the next gas station. In addition, you might want to clear the Adaptation while you’re at it.

Feature 3: Data Logging. If you want to see how the car is running while you’re driving. Simply disconnect the USB cable from the MINIport device (while leaving it connected to the car’s OBD-II port), and the data-logging feature is now active. Blinking red/green/blue lights indicate that the MINIport is actively logging 30+ parameter at 8 samples-per-second, and all this information is stored on the onboard micro-SD card. To view the logs, simply connect the USB cable to the MINIport device and you will see the data on your laptop (it will show up as a “Removable Storage Drive”).

Feature 4: Read DTCs and clear them. Is your MINI throwing a Check-Engine Light? Well, instead of reaching for the OBD Scanner, why not just turn on your laptop and see what’s causing the code. And once you find out what the code is about, you can always clear it thru the FA53 software.

Feature 5: Clearing Adaptations. Is your car running sluggish lately? Well, check out the data-log and see if there’s anything that looks unusual. What about the “Long Term Fuel Trims”? Is the ECU learning some of your bad habits and over-compensating? If so, simply go to the FA53 GUI and clear the adaptation values. With the MINIflash, you don’t need a BMW Factory tool (GT1 or Autologic) to perform this task… simply select a command in FA53 and turn off the ignition for 5 minutes for permanent changes, then you should be good to go…

In the coming days, we will post up more tech articles and installation steps regarding the MINIflash Tuning Kit. This way, customers are well-equipped to hit the ground running once the kit is delivered to your door steps.

checkmate2006

Postby 240_to_miata » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:26 pm

THIS IS AMAZING. I cant wait. Now I can tune all of my cars.
240_to_miata

Postby 240_to_miata » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:30 am

what a disapointment. Not exact hardware as tactrix so you cant use the tactrix cable on the MINI (something to do with dataloging jason said) . . . can only be used on a single car because it logs the vin . . .also only supports LC-1 and wait for it. . .

COSTS F*in $750 bucks

what a joke. I wish I just got a WRX as my daily.
240_to_miata

Postby skippydog » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:17 pm

I have unfortunatly jumped into the access port bandwagon until something else pops up for the r56 mini's. If by next summer I cant somewhat tune this car myself I will be bailing out of it and getting a differnt car. If their is anyway i can help point me in the right direction. I would be happy to do all I can.
skippydog

Postby Solid » Sun May 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Does anyone have the FullAccess software from Mynes ?

PLEASE PM me :)

This must be possible, as they are using OpenPort 2.0

Check these videos out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv7Fk90VSLU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU0_Iv1J49c
Solid

Postby Solid » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:53 am

Were you able to write modifications to the ECU ?
Solid

Postby dust » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:51 am

Any updates on r56 tuning?
dust

Postby dust » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Using which tactrix cable? LInks?
dust

Postby orange » Thu May 03, 2012 8:34 am

All new coopers have tuning protection so thats not gonna work only boot mode
orange

Postby denny » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 am

and if you need any help with MIni Tuning software Upgrade 8) let me know

betonstaal@hotmail.com
denny

Postby ares650 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Do we have an update or a process for the r53 ecu?
ares650

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software