ECUFlash 1.43 Beta crashing on checksum.

Developer topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

ECUFlash 1.43 Beta crashing on checksum.

Postby HellTriX » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Been searching and searching for last hr and can't seem to find enough information that can lead to a possible cure for my current issue.

I have someone making me patches for my 2011 STi and I have installed and been using the beta of ECUFlash 1.43.x with the newest OP2.0 firmware.

The rom file provided to me has incorrect checksum value's and is causing ECUFlash to crash on my windows 7 computer. Before editing the roms XML def i can load all my previous maps just fine since they have the correct checksum. (see screenshot)

1. Is it possible to use ECUFlash 1.42 with the openport 2.0 that has the beta firmware?
2. Is it possible to downgrade firmware on the openport (tactrix cable).
3. something im missing?
Attachments
ECUFlash Crashing.png
ECUFlash Crashing.png (121.29 KiB) Viewed 8461 times
HellTriX

Re: ECUFlash 1.43 Beta crashing on checksum.

Postby Mart » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:12 am

I know it is an old post.

I have someone making me patches for my 2011 STi

Please define "patches".

If you were to patch a ROM (running some executables file to edit the ROM), you would need to recompute the checksum as well.

if somebody edited the ROM to tune it, all the editing subaru tools that I know are editing the checksum correctly.

However, ecuflash is asking you to fix it for you. I would trust Colby (ecuflash author) on that matter. Saying Yes make ecuflash crash?

you could try with romraider editor or ecuedit....

ref: http://wiki.openecu.org/index.php?title ... _Algorithm
Mart

Re: ECUFlash 1.43 Beta crashing on checksum.

Postby HellTriX » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 am

The problem was that the checksum utility built into ecuflash in that beta version i as using kept crashing. Meaning it wouldn't fix the checksum and would ask the question every time causing program to continue to crash.

I did manage a work around with editing some of the code and finally got the ecuflash not to crash.
At the time the romraider defs where not available to use as a work around.

Thinks should be resolved now, I have pretty much finished my tune and with it being winter haven't done any flashing for a while.

Thanks for your reply.
HellTriX

Return to Interface Hardware