Have sent not worker Open Port

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Have sent not worker Open Port

Postby stpvs » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:09 am

Hello!
I from Russia, I have got adapter Open Port 2.0, 22.12.10 I have received it by mail. The adapter doesn't work, at connection to USB light-emitting diodes don't burn, it isn't defined as the device, program EcuFlash gives out the message "No Vehicle Interface". The driver are established, tried on different computers, changed USB a cable. As to me to be with this problem. Whether I can send you the adapter for replacement.
--------------------------------------------
I have sent such letter on support@tactrix.com me don't answer.
--------------------------------------------
Excuse for my English
stpvs

Re: Have sent not worker Open Port

Postby radsdau » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:46 pm

If you are not getting any lights on your device, then it is likely that either the USB port is not working, or the USB connector inside the OP2 cable is broken. These are prone to failure because they are small surface-mount connectors, and it is easy to break the solder connections.
Check those 2 things first.
Do the lights come on when plugged into the OBDII connector on your car? If not, then there is something bad going on inside the device.
radsdau

Postby stpvs » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 am

The adapter is unworkable, my friend has OP2 we checked on its computer, its adapter works mine isn't present. The adapter was at once not serviceable, strange that that technical support Tactrix answers nothing. :evil:
stpvs

Postby absubtle » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Very strange. Tactrix 2.0 DLC connections is very fragile. The USB to DLC connector has broken 2 times, on 2 other cables. ANd now, my personal one, I have it reinforced to keep that USB stable. The LED's should also light up when you connect it to the car also, doesn't have to be connected to a laptop.
Absubtle
CO
absubtle

Return to Interface Hardware