Openport standalone Config tool Beta

Re: Openport standalone Config tool Beta

Postby freakin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:14 am

blkscooby wrote:I tried it and got an error that said "fatal error. logcfg Mainform loadDefs ERROR:53(10170) File not found."

I have the latest logger and ECU defs for Romraider. Ideas?

it cannot find the logger defs, look at the text box at the bottom it should say loading log defs from "c:\blah\blah\logger.xml" if its blank then you have probably not set up logger defs in RR ECU logger if it says something else then make sure that file exists, if both of the above are ok then attach me a screen shot.
freakin

Postby blkscooby » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:07 pm

freakin wrote:
blkscooby wrote:I tried it and got an error that said "fatal error. logcfg Mainform loadDefs ERROR:53(10170) File not found."

it cannot find the logger defs, look at the text box at the bottom it should say loading log defs from "c:\blah\blah\logger.xml" if its blank then you have probably not set up logger defs in RR ECU logger if it says something else then make sure that file exists, if both of the above are ok then attach me a screen shot.

I see that it is pulling the ECU defs and settings files from C:/program files/romraider but it is looking for the logger.xml without a directory at all. I have setup the logger in RomRaider as I use it almost daily and the logger file is in the same directory as everything else.

Any thoughts?
blkscooby

Postby freakin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:25 pm

blkscooby wrote:
freakin wrote:

I see that it is pulling the ECU defs and settings files from C:/program files/romraider but it is looking for the logger.xml without a directory at all. I have setup the logger in RomRaider as I use it almost daily and the logger file is in the same directory as everything else.

Any thoughts?

can you get me a screen shot, also check your PM
freakin

Postby ptharris » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:55 pm

funny the new release, it was working great and now i get the same error message as the post above
ptharris

Postby freakin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:40 am

ptharris wrote:funny the new release, it was working great and now i get the same error message as the post above

can i have a screenshot please
freakin

Postby CasopoliS » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:25 am

In the newest build on your first post - if a logcfg file does not exist in the root directory it produces an error.
CasopoliS

Postby enthusiast » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:47 am

ptharris wrote:funny the new release, it was working great and now i get the same error message as the post above

+1

I get the same thing. I copied the logger.xml from my Romraider install directory and put into the same directory as logcfg.exe and it worked.
enthusiast

Postby freakin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:38 pm

hmm, i will look into this asap
freakin

Postby CasopoliS » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:29 pm

I don't think the coolant trigger works when you use && and ||. I used the default output and I was both over 0 RPM and over 76C coolant, and it did not log. The logcfg.out did not show any errors and the green and red lights were blinking fast as usual, but the blue light never came on.

I took out the RPM>0 in the start trigger and the && stuff, and it worked fine. I also took out coolant temp in the stop trigger

So start is just
coolant,76,>

And end is
RPM,0,==

I think you should just keep it like that. There is no reason for the && and || conditions.
CasopoliS

Postby freakin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:17 pm

CasopoliS wrote:In the newest build on your first post - if a logcfg file does not exist in the root directory it produces an error.

enthusiast wrote:

+1

I get the same thing. I copied the logger.xml from my Romraider install directory and put into the same directory as logcfg.exe and it worked.

can you try this version it seems your rr settings file has a relative path and not an absolute one, i have assumed if there is not path info then look in the rr folder for it.
Last edited by freakin on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freakin

Postby chero_b4 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:12 am

ver. 1.50.31 - 1.50.33 : If no LogCfg.txt file in the folder, fatal error comes.
ver. 1.50.30: It is not necessary LogCfg.txt file in the folder, when running the program.
--
chero_b4

Postby freakin » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:54 am

chero_b4 wrote:ver. 1.50.31 - 1.50.33 : If no LogCfg.txt file in the folder, fatal error comes.
ver. 1.50.30: It is not necessary LogCfg.txt file in the folder, when running the program.
--

this should be fixed now i missed a wrap round one of the functions.

CasopoliS wrote:I don't think the coolant trigger works when you use && and ||. I used the default output and I was both over 0 RPM and over 76C coolant, and it did not log. The logcfg.out did not show any errors and the green and red lights were blinking fast as usual, but the blue light never came on.

I took out the RPM>0 in the start trigger and the && stuff, and it worked fine. I also took out coolant temp in the stop trigger

So start is just
coolant,76,>

And end is
RPM,0,==

I think you should just keep it like that. There is no reason for the && and || conditions.

i have made the coolant one behave like this so it looks like this in the file

conditionrpn = Coolant_Temperature(C),76,>
action = start

conditionrpn = Engine_Speed(rpm),0,==
action = stop
Last edited by freakin on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freakin

Postby blkscooby » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:43 am

I still get the "file not found" error, same as the other times. Is there something wrong with my settings.xml file?
blkscooby

Postby freakin » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:44 am

Some how i have broken the first post so i am recreating it here until its fixed.

I have created a little app that will build the logcfg.txt file and i need some feedback

Current limitations and brief description
*You must have a working romraider installed (it gets the logger.xml and ecu_defs.xml file location from the romraider settings.xml file)
*it currently only does standard and extended params, not calculated ones.
*its a bit rough round the edges
*you have the option of the defogger, rpm or coolant Temp for start stopping
*there is no priority stuff in yet
*some parameters dont work because they are too long (if someone can work out the max length for me that would be appreciated)

Basic instructions

Open app (duh)
select your ECU from the drop down list
Select the parameters by ticking the boxes
click make logcfg.txt
copy logcfg.txt to your OP2 sd card
Test and provide me with some feed back as to what doesn't work
If the application errors then it will create an output text file, please forward this to me

logcfg.exe
(132 KiB) Downloaded 3401 times

someone asked if i would take a donation for my work, after thinking about it for a while i have decided that if any one else wants to donate then it can go towards the keep the wife happy fund for me spending hours at the computer.

I am not asking for anyone to donate and my application is free for all to use so enjoy and donate if your feeling a bit flush and want to keep the wife happy :).

freakin

Postby freakin » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:47 am

blk try this one

logcfg.exe
(132 KiB) Downloaded 2471 times
freakin

PreviousNext

Return to Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta