Reading off a Mazda PCM

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Reading off a Mazda PCM

Postby otakurx » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:55 am

Hey everyone, I was curious if anyone had the ECU defs to read off a Mazda flash using ecuEdit or ROM Raider? I'm looking to read off the data from a SH7055 Denso based ECM running Hitachi Automobile OS 2.1A found in the Mazda RX-8. I've got some work done on reading the ROM in hex, using information found on forums and some of my own time spent using a hex editor, but I am just getting into working with the actual ECU through the OBD2 port since I just got my Tactrix cable. Now I know it is similar to the 04 Subaru DBW setup so I was thinking of starting with that and modifying that definitions file. I mean why start from scratch when there is already so much already done. My plan at this point would be to have XML defs that could be used in ecuFlash or ROM Raider and then a document covering the breakdown of the ROM.
otakurx

Re: Reading off a Mazda PCM

Postby otakurx » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:32 am

Well if no one has any insight on getting a read of the ECU, what tools might be recommended for starting down this path? So I can start collecting data to be able to work with the ECU to make definitions. I have parts of the ROMs already mapped out but need to begin working with the ECU itself.
otakurx

Re: Reading off a Mazda PCM

Postby otakurx » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:29 am

Well since there seems to be no interest in expand this product, I'm going to take my knowledge and experience elsewhere. I'm sorry to say it but this is the worst online community I've ever been to, least helpful and least interested in growing a product. I wish you all the best and I hope the broken system that this runs on can keep supporting you since there doesn't seem to be any interest to add new vehicle support.

I would also recommend renaming the forums and community, this isn't a community for the reverse engineering of ECUs or anything, this feels like everyone begging some guy who is on a power trip for support and xml maps for working with a select few cars. I suggest renaming it from OpenECU to OpenSubaru or something, since this community could care less about anything but subaru's and mitsubiti's and not ECU reverse engineering. Can't say I got any help from this site, only thing this site is good for is the OpenPort.

Good day gentleman, I will be joining with a private project from hence forth and help them add RX-8 support to their tool. They have been friendly and more then helpful as I worked through cracking the checksums and mapping out the ROM to find all the appropriate memory locations.

Farewell, and good luck with the rest of this project.
otakurx

Return to General Discussion