LOW voltage ERROR on wrx USDM

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

LOW voltage ERROR on wrx USDM

Postby soloimpreza » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:08 pm

hello everyone,

i have a 1997 impreza with a ej205 USDM wrx engine in it. i am trying to reflash it and i get the error...LOW VOLTAGE 11.04 volts.

now i have done some research but nothing i have gathered has solved this problem. however i am able to test and read to the ecu. i have re-installed software, and used ECU explorer to determine voltage output. voltage was lower then needed. i now have wrx alternator, and even tried reflashing with battery charger on battery. NO GO still and same error.

i do know that i need 12.61 volts to write to the ecu. however i am not sure exactly what line that goes to the ECU that needs that actually 12.61. i know that my car is Reflash-able because the last business that i brought the car to reflashed some codes out of the ecu. I.E. 03 wrx's come with fuel pressure in fuel tank which my car does not have. i do not have a cell this way. i cannot get into contact with that person who flashed the car because he no longer works there and the business wants $$$ to diagnose the problem, even though the are the ones who wired the car.

any information would help. thanks.
soloimpreza

Re: LOW voltage ERROR on wrx USDM

Postby RayN » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:24 pm

you have to plug the 2 green conectors under the driver side dash and also you either need to make or buy the shorting plug for the white connector next to the green connectors. if you look on tactrix.com you will see the white shorting plug on the site and at least grasp the concept of how to make a temp shorting plug
RayN

Re: LOW voltage ERROR on wrx USDM

Postby soloimpreza » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:07 am

thanks for the help but i have connected the green connectors and i have the flash block connected.
soloimpreza

Return to Reflashing Software