Openport 1.3 Subaru driver not installing properly?

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

Openport 1.3 Subaru driver not installing properly?

Postby RossLH » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:40 pm

I ran through the EcuFlash installation a couple times, and it took me through the Openport driver installation, saying the cable is ready to use. However, when I plug the cable into a USB port, Windows gives me a 'Found New Hardware' message, and tries to install "Openport 1.3 Subaru (as Serial Port) (COM17)". I've been able to read my car's ROM through EcuFlash, but neither RomRaider or EcuExplorer will recognize the cable.

Has anybody else had a similar problem? I've been trying to fix this for a few days now, but no luck. All I really would like to do right now is take a few logs with RomRaider, but I cant.

Is this a known problem? If so, how would I go at fixing it? Thanks in advance for any help.
RossLH

Postby stinky » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:25 am

Just had the same thing happen today as well when upgrading from 1.37 to 1.39. I can flash with the 1.3 cable but cannot log with it in RomRaider.
stinky

Postby stinky » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:01 pm

Fixed it by installing the drivers manually.When promted to install the drivers for Openport 1.3 choose manual install then "brouse" my computer>C-drive>program files>OpenEcu>Ecuflash>drivers>x86 then "next"
stinky

didnt work

Postby watchunglava » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:00 pm

i tried that too and it didnt work. im having the ame issues but when i tried to manually install the driver no go. little help?
watchunglava

Return to OpenECU Software