Can I overwrite EcuTek?

Developer topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby Freon » Wed May 14, 2008 2:26 pm

ciper wrote:It is my personal opinion that helping us to break free of the ECUTek lock is on topic for this forum.

I would like to use OpenECU but I'm hesitant to buy the required cable until I know I can overwrite an ECUTek tuned ECU. I don't care about the maps or license that is on it. My only goal is to restore the factory configuration.

If its still deemed inappropriate for the forum could somoene PM me with the procedure/answer of the best method to revert my ECU to its original state?

It's nothing to do with a procedure or anything. It's just we cannot tell you if you are really locked out or not besides tell you to buy a Tactrix cable, download ECUFlash, and try. It will work or not.

If you find you are locked out you should contact ECUtek so you can get unlocked. There is no procedure or secret trick around it that Openecu can provide. It seems from reports of people doing this that ECUTek tuners have generally doing this free.

It's not like ECUtek doesn't know that they lock ECUs out. They should (hopefully) help you out of you want to ditch your ECUtek.

It's like going to a car dealer to have your stove fixed up. Why don't you go the the place you bought the stove for help? I'm trying to get you on the right track to get what you want.
Freon

Postby benw » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:54 am

guys,

borrow a friend's accessport v2. Have them unmarry it from their car, marry it to yours, it will display "an existing reflash found" and overwrite. Then unmarry it from your car and it will install a Subaru clean factory ROM. Then give back the ap to your friend and you can tune as you wish.

This is an unpublished feature of the AP v2 (removing their competitor's product, that is).
benw

Postby kevinkurt » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Has any one tried this before?

benw wrote:guys,

borrow a friend's accessport v2. Have them unmarry it from their car, marry it to yours, it will display "an existing reflash found" and overwrite. Then unmarry it from your car and it will install a Subaru clean factory ROM. Then give back the ap to your friend and you can tune as you wish.

This is an unpublished feature of the AP v2 (removing their competitor's product, that is).
kevinkurt

Postby Vicious LSD » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 pm

has anyone figured this out yet? I need my 05 wrx off ecutek so I can sell my car to someone who modifies and tunes cars for a living...
Vicious LSD

Re: Can I overwrite EcuTek?

Postby djphoenixx » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:18 am

Hi,

is now a way to overwrite, change the EcuTek?
I would write my own data to my ECU or change some if i can read and change EcuTek ROM.

I've an 2005 USDM Legacy GT
ROM ID: A2WC510N
ECU ID: 2F12785206

I own an Tactrix OP 2.0 cable

Greets from Germany
Marcel
djphoenixx

Postby SonnyCosworth » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:55 am

Use SHBootMode to flash a stock rom into the ecu. But first u must have the stock rom image. U can build the hadrware by yourself. Take a look at this http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=41
or u can send your ecu to Tactrix.
SonnyCosworth

Postby Bruce Willis » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:03 am

You can send ECU to me and i am write stock dump.
Bruce Willis

Previous

Return to Reflashing Software