Can I overwrite EcuTek?

Developer topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby Freon » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:35 pm

Well, I don't think there is a problem to fault. You don't necessarily need to get those software updates, especially on a car that already has a custom tune.

But that's a problem with Ecutek stuff, and you'd have to contact their support for an answer. There are no locks if you use Openecu software.
Freon

Postby Kosti » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:43 pm

So does that mean an ecut3k'd ECU can't be read by Subaru service centers?
Kosti

Postby Freon » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:14 pm

I suggest contacting Ecutek for answers to such specific questions.
Freon

Postby marky9074 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:05 am

Kosti wrote:So does that mean an ecut3k'd ECU can't be read by Subaru service centers?

As Mike Wood said to me the other day (Prodrive)....all Subaru dealers (in the UK anyway) use EcuTek, albeit a Prodrive version to flash the ECU for PPP. So therefore it would be indistinguishable to a dealer if the ECU was flashed by a third party or previously had PPP, as they are both EcuTek.
marky9074

Postby Kosti » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:17 pm

marky9074 wrote:
Kosti wrote:So does that mean an ecut3k'd ECU can't be read by Subaru service centers?

As Mike Wood said to me the other day (Prodrive)....all Subaru dealers (in the UK anyway) use EcuTek, albeit a Prodrive version to flash the ECU for PPP. So therefore it would be indistinguishable to a dealer if the ECU was flashed by a third party or previously had PPP, as they are both EcuTek.

Thanks for the feedback mate!
Kosti

Postby Wayne_Coots » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:27 am

Any progress on this? Do you have to replace the ECU or can it be read and reflashed once the tuner flashes back to factory configuration?
Wayne_Coots

Postby marky9074 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:47 am

As I understand it from the EcuTek forums, some six months ago they released software to end users to revert the ECU back to stock if the customer so wished. I dont believe there is any effort here to 'crack' the license as it now can be easily removed....though this is not readily advertised.

Mark
marky9074

Postby lester » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:37 pm

My USDM '05 STi has an EcuTeK license but is currently reflashed with open source. My tuner got around the EcuTeK lockout somehow. He stated that he had a "crack" for it.
lester

Postby RichardB » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:27 am

My USDM '05 STi has an EcuTeK license but is currently reflashed with open source. My tuner got around the EcuTeK lockout somehow. He stated that he had a "crack" for it.

Would you mind asking him what his "crack" is, and post it here, as it would be bloody useful! I have an MY05 UK STi which unfortunately has already been remapped using ECUTek and my mapper is 3 hours away.
RichardB

Postby hmanxx » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:43 am

marky9074 wrote:As I understand it from the EcuTek forums, some six months ago they released software to end users to revert the ECU back to stock if the customer so wished. I dont believe there is any effort here to 'crack' the license as it now can be easily removed....though this is not readily advertised.

Mark

I am living at Singapore, if you go look for Ecut**k tuner begging to restore to stock..they will tell you no way to restore to force you use their solution.

Ecut**k should ensure this solution is available on their website..user can just download and get it restore to stock..instead of just saying that..and not ensure their worldwide authorized tuners really carrying out this request.
hmanxx

Postby blue.taxi » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Hv any one made a software to "reformat" the ecut**k ECU? that will help a lots. :twisted: :twisted:
blue.taxi

Postby fasterthanurwrx » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:58 pm

from what I heard, if you NOW flash your ecu back to a stock rom the ecu becomes unlocked.

I've heard that from 2 different people. One who has done it.
fasterthanurwrx

Postby blue.taxi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:40 pm

"NOW flash your ecu back to a stock rom" by using which software?
blue.taxi

Postby Freon » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:41 pm

This is not an Ecutek support forum. Please contact Ecutek or your local Ecutek licensed tuner for further help with Ecutek flashed ROMs.

You're going to get bad, wrong, incomplete, or misleading information from random internet people here.
Freon

Postby ciper » Tue May 13, 2008 2:27 pm

It is my personal opinion that helping us to break free of the ECUTek lock is on topic for this forum.

I would like to use OpenECU but I'm hesitant to buy the required cable until I know I can overwrite an ECUTek tuned ECU. I don't care about the maps or license that is on it. My only goal is to restore the factory configuration.

If its still deemed inappropriate for the forum could somoene PM me with the procedure/answer of the best method to revert my ECU to its original state?
ciper

PreviousNext

Return to Reflashing Software