ecuEdit v2.4 - ECU Tuning & Logging solution

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby can_sti » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:33 pm

Tea cups wrote:
epifan wrote:p.s. May be Enginuity steal XMLs defs from XMLWrite? :lol: :lol: :lol: How they can prove that they did not do this? And more, if many peoples think that XMLWrite steal defs from EcuTek, than it means that Enginuity also steal from EcuTek! And peoples who use Enginuity use stoled software because stoled XML included in enginuity package! Nice logic!? :lol: Where is FBI or something???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xmlwrite uses the defs from Ecutek...period. I'm curious what xml defs are included for Ecuedit pay customers - those created by Xmlwrite? And you are selling the software. :roll: If Enginuity stole the defs directly from xmlwrite, we would have been done months ago. Yet there are tables and revisions supported by Enginuity defs that are not supported by xmlwrite, among other things like cel fixes which xmlwrite also doesn't have. Yet you recently updated your converter to convert the Enginuity CEL fixes for Ecuedit. :roll: Strange that you would spend time updating your converter for a bunch of mistake laden defintions. lol

Well, this is called stealing... :wink:

I have been looking for a while on the forum and was Amaze on how well most of you where able to get all this stuff from hard work.

I am not saying that there is no hard work but loads of criyng now...

good luck, I'd rather pay than be part of this!
can_sti

Postby 05GarnetLGT » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:00 pm

you DO realize that we were editing ROMs before XMLWRITE came out....
and we are making new definitions now for other ROMs.

not to mention, it was generally known that the defs are from ecutek, but how did we get our hands on it? someone on the inside..
05GarnetLGT

Postby Jerry » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:06 am

...can-sti, good luck tp you to, go and pay the ones who steal enthusiasts money...!

the word "stealing" may have very broad sense...

and finally who cares? if something is stolen from ecutek ? even if it is, then it is very well done... I am going to make a donation just for that !

ecutek and the way they approached and treated the market, and the end customers, the car owners, is the major responsible that led too many people around the world to find other ways around...

I consider ecutek, a very unfair player who "stole" in another way in order to evolve... (the exact opposite I believe for Cobb, they developed fair tools at fair prices... too bad they supported only limited models...)

As a new here, I don't understand the dispute of other members... whose is the best software ...or who is copying from whom... or who is asking for some peanuts money...

All of us should contribute here, from car enthusiasts to even professional tuners... the future is OPEN...

...the point is not to have everything for absolutely free... the point is to have it "open"... the point is not to pay the "tuner" because he has the "unique key" to OUR ecu... but to pay him for his expertise and ability to tune...
Jerry

Postby epifan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:51 am

ecuEdit v2.4.0.92
- Logger: Mitsubishi MUT protocol support
- Tracer/Log Link: unlimited count of data parameters
- Log Viewer: Joint Log mode (all log series on one chart)
- Log Viewer: Dyno time interpolation
- Logging directly through FTDI devices
- Enginuity XML Converter - inheritance map dimension fix

Download ecuEdit v2.4 trial version

New screenshots
epifan

Postby epifan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:48 am

ecuEdit v2.4.2.100
- Editor: Units convert for display data,rows,cols (Metric to Imperial and vice versa)
- Logger: Custom Baud rate support for logging (MUT high-speed support)
- Extended mouse support in some 3d, 2d charts for zoom (by wheel in 3d) and scroll

Download ecuEdit v2.4 trial version
epifan

Postby cboles » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:02 am

This rumor is completely untrue. If you continue to spread unfounded rumors like this, I can't continue to support you promoting pay software on the site. Your attacks on other software and projects are unwelcome here.

epifan wrote:Some "opensource" projects is locked/dead since I start developing ecuEdit...
p.s. I think ecuFlash will be selling soon :wink: So what are you will do after this? :lol:
cboles
Site Admin

Postby drees » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:54 pm

Whoa, I was looking around for ecuEdit and found this thread and this flame fest and then this gem of a quote which is simply not true:
epifan wrote:OMG! another "steal" word. Are you idiot? It cannot be stealed because enginuity xml defintion is not copyrighted. its FREE! "free" cannot be stealed!

Every single work is Copyrighted, whether it explicitly says so or not, including Enginuity and it's ECU definitions. If you have used code from Enginuity in ecuEdit, you are breaking the law.

Enginuity, while Open Source, is not "free". Enginuity is licensed under the GPL which guarantees certain rights, but does not guarantee that the software itself is free as in beer. So in fact, you could sell Enginuity or ecuEdit if licensed under the GPL, but that would also obligate you to distribute the source code used to build ecuEdit in accordance to the terms of the GPL. Assuming that Enginuity is public domain and free for all and any use because it is open source is incorrect.

The essence of the GPL is this: Any time you distribute a binary (whether or not you charge for that binary is up to you), you are then obligated to also distribute the source code which generates that binary either free or at a cost not unreasonable for shipping/handling. The license was written to ensure freedom - in case the persion distributing GPL software is not able or willing, anyone who receives a binary will be able to modify the software they receive as they should also receive the source in such form that they can recreate the binary they received if they wanted.

If you happen use any code or data from the Enginuity project, that makes you obligated to also license your software under the GPL thanks to Copyright law and the GPL. I hope you actually read the GPL before peeking at the code of Enginuity, otherwise you may have put your ecuEdit product at risk of litigation should someone find out you "borrowed" their code.

I suggest you actually read the license for software you install. You can learn more about Open Source (there are many Open Source licenses besides the GPL) and the GPL at www.opensource.org and http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.

I hope this clears up some common misconceptions about Copyright, Open Source and the GPL.
drees

Postby evoX » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:49 pm

I have installed the trial version of ecuedit, but it does not have definitions for any map I have tried from subaru 2001 to 2007.
So how can I try this software if it does not work at all ?
evoX

Postby workmam » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:00 am

evoX wrote:I have installed the trial version of ecuedit, but it does not have definitions for any map I have tried from subaru 2001 to 2007.
So how can I try this software if it does not work at all ?

Ditto, unless "[I] are idiot!"...
workmam

Postby Jon [in CT] » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:06 am

You need to use XMLWRITE, available via http://www.tinywrex.tk/, to create a map definition file.
Jon [in CT]

Postby evoX » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:44 am

If this is a commercial program why do I need to make myself the ecu definitions ?
I have tried to download the xmlwrite,but the download link does not work, just a popup with dyndns redirect advertising banner
evoX

Postby Jon [in CT] » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:57 am

The download link there does work. But here's a shortcut:
http://www.tinywrex.endoftheinternet.or ... LWRITE.zip
Jon [in CT]

Postby evoX » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:06 pm

ok, thanks, now it worked.
evoX

Postby evoX » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Do you have a link for MapFX ? because I can't find a download link for that.

thanks !
evoX

Postby Freon » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:05 pm

What is mapfx ?
Freon

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software