Need recomendations on usb - ODB2 cable

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Need recomendations on usb - ODB2 cable

Postby parid » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:11 pm

I have been trying to find a good cable to do some datalogging on my USDM 02 WRX. Looks like most people here are running the tactrix cable, but they list the part as out of stock and aren't responding to my emails. I'm going to asume that its either not being made anymore, or that its going to be a long time before its available again. Can anyone recomend alternative with similar cababilities? I'm not all that interested in flashing the ecu, just datalogging over SSM.
parid

Postby Spiider » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:42 pm

If Colby has sold all the initial production of the Tactrix cable you might want to try : www.minsk555.narod.ru/software.htm

Don't be afraid to buy from him, Sergei is a good guy I speak with him regularly in email, and can sell you exactly what hardware you need for doing this.
Spiider

Postby parid » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:05 pm

I actually managed to get a hold of colby over on NASIOC and he said he is actually working on a new and improved cable and expects they will again be available in 2-3 weeks. I can deal with that :). Thanks for the tip.
parid

Postby cboles » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:56 am

Yes - I just timed my production of this new model wrong and was left with a gap in my stock. It should only be a couple of weeks now for the new units to come back!
cboles
Site Admin

Postby Imp Guerra » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:21 pm

Spiider, thank you for good words and for add of my site

Indeed we sell majority of our products outside former USSR.
On various forums i have heard some words like
: how can you pay in Russia - they are Russians!
:)

We work by T/T in advance, but u see, it is very hard to gain reputation in internet, and twice much from Russia.
I know that some of our "compatriots" behaviour in the internet and in a common life are not role model, but for this year all of our customers from various countries like Argentina, Spain, Saudi Arabia, US, Canada ect have gotten their scanners and free-softs.
and some users of this forum know obdtool.org also

we produce quolity scanners and some debuggings for third parties apps :)
and do not discuss "copy-left" questions, cos we have very foggy idea, what is "copy-left" actually
:)
Imp Guerra

Return to Interface Hardware