Can't open rare *supposed* roms

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Can't open rare *supposed* roms

Postby coyotanark » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:58 am

Hi,
I come here because I think you could help us. I talking for the french ford probe & mazda mx6 club. A friend of me found back two old files who are *supposed and seems* to be roms from our cars ECU. But he can't remember where he got it, neither with what it had been extract or modified. I passed many hours to try to disassemble and reverse engineer it without any success. I read many of your forums but they aren't so much about mazda's, especially old ones, and nothing about ford's. The platform was common for mx6 and probe in the 90's and ours ECUs aren't developed by ford cause they aren't EEC IV, it's mazda's development. So I upload the files if you wanna see and any idea/suggestion/retex would be good. Cause I've tried all I could and now I'm a bit lost. FYI, originally the files haven't got any extension, I had them ".hex" to work on.
Thank you & Enjoy
Attachments
mods +30 HP.hex
(512 KiB) Downloaded 1000 times
stock.hex
(512 KiB) Downloaded 966 times
coyotanark

Re: Can't open rare *supposed* roms

Postby GMS » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 am

ROM is from Peugeout_406_2.0_Hdi_90bhp__ECU_0281010361__SW_1037353047
GMS

Re: Can't open rare *supposed* roms

Postby coyotanark » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:58 pm

woooh! I'm impressed! a so fast and precise answer. How did you made it so fast? I wanna learn, cause I'm depressed, I searched and worked many hours and I didn't find anything. Can you explain me with what/how you did it?
coyotanark

Return to Tuning Software