XMLWRITE

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby Nuked » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:32 am

I am the person he is speaking of.

It would be nice if they were set so you could see the values. I have been copying them into Excel to see what they actually are. Kind of a pain in the a** to do it that way.

I truely appreciate all the hard work and effort put into this program, just simply offering a suggestion to better help the end user.

Jason
Nuked

Postby RallyImprezive » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:22 pm

I cant seem to get the enginuity XML def to work.

Enginuity just states that the definition file is not found. I put the file in the correct folder, and it is named correctly. What am I doing wrong?
RallyImprezive

Postby ev8siv3 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:08 pm

RallyImprezive wrote:I cant seem to get the enginuity XML def to work.

Enginuity just states that the definition file is not found. I put the file in the correct folder, and it is named correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Use the search feature. Rename "DENSOBASE" to your ROMID
ev8siv3

Re: v6 bug/error, i think

Postby Jon [in CT] » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:38 pm

xswrex wrote:
gregsachs wrote:Generated a file for A2ZJB10J, 05 sti, and at least one scaling is, imo, wrong;
<scaling name="DATA-11-CCs" units="CCs" toexpr="2450000/x" frexpr="2450000/x" storagetype="float" endian="little" format="%.0f" inc="256" />

Aren't floats in the 32bit dbw thought to generally be in straight units? For sure, the corresponding map value is ~540, right inline with what i think the sti injectors are.

IMO it is correct, most certainly follows the same logic as the 16bit ecus. There was a 16bit entry for this particular data value, and the expression was 2447690/x. Now it is a 32bit entry and it has a similar scaling.
The fact that we use expressions in order to see the data as real world numbers does not mean that the ecu does the same.
The ECU data typically does represent real world data, and I agree with others that "2450000" was plucked from thin air and isn't useful.

The ECU needs to do fueling on the basis of mass and not volume. This requires estimates of both the fuel's density and stoichiometric A/F ratio. I believe the injector value in the ECU represents the time necessary to inject enough fuel for a stoichiometric ratio for each gram of air. Such a value greatly simplifies the ECU's calculations - the ECU simply multiplies the injector value by the number of air intake grams to get a basic injector duration. I believe the units of time are based on a timer/clock that ticks at 512 kHz (I need help on this).

In the following formula, 0.755 is the average density of premium gasoline, which ranges between 0.730 and 0.780 according to the Bosch Automotive handbook, and 14.7 is its typical stoichiometric A/F ratio, also according to Bosch. The value 60 is present because injector volume flow is typically given as cc/min.

(60*512000)/(0.755*14.7*x) = 2767942/x

Obviously this value will change if you change your assumption about density or stoichiometric A/F ratio. It's not inconceivable that, based on fuel survey data, Subaru uses a slightly different injector value for the same injector in different regions.
Jon [in CT]

Postby bluesubaru » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:04 am

Is there a place to download XMLwrite? I don't see a link in this thread.
bluesubaru

Postby Jon [in CT] » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:27 am

bluesubaru wrote:Is there a place to download XMLwrite? I don't see a link in this thread.
The author seems to have taken his ball and gone home.

Here's a link to a copy:
http://freon.shackspace.com/car/ecu%20a ... LWRITE.zip
Jon [in CT]

Postby crispyduck » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:11 pm

bluesubaru wrote:Is there a place to download XMLwrite? I don't see a link in this thread.

I know this has just been answered above, but for reference I'm mirroring a single bundle of the latest ecuEdit and XmlWrite on the following page:
http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/ ... ingEcuEdit

XmlWrite basically makes newbees able to use ecuEdit quickly - it rocks! Does anyone know if any of these tools integrate with Enginuity and EcuFlash in the same way? I would like to do a bundle for Enginuity and EcuFlash as well.

-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby Jon [in CT] » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:21 pm

crispyduck wrote:XmlWrite basically makes newbees able to use ecuEdit quickly - it rocks! Does anyone know if any of these tools integrate with Enginuity and EcuFlash in the same way? I would like to do a bundle for Enginuity and EcuFlash as well.
The README.TXT file which comes with XmlWrite explains how to use it to generate XML files for Enginuity and EcuFlash.
Jon [in CT]

Postby crispyduck » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:30 pm

Jon [in CT] wrote:The README.TXT file which comes with XmlWrite explains how to use it to generate XML files for Enginuity and EcuFlash.

Yes it does. I didn't explain myself very well - I'll start again.

I would like to see the EcuFlash and Enginuity tools automatically invoke the XmlWrite tool if an ECU definition file is not found - this is how EcuEdit works. Manually running XmlWrite is fine for us 'techies,' however it would be preferable for this to happen automatically.

Anyone know if this is already supported by these tools?

-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby xswrex » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:54 pm

Jon [in CT] wrote:The author seems to have taken his ball and gone home.

The author has not taken any balls home. Just his own :lol:
xswrex

XMLWrite.... where to download

Postby greenlimecat » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:55 am

I have several DBW ROMS for 2004-2006 STi's, but I need to find XMLWrite.... Can someone please post the link (and yes I have tried to find it by searching for it---- all without luck :cry: )
greenlimecat

Re: XMLWrite.... where to download

Postby 06rexwagon » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:39 am

greenlimecat wrote:I have several DBW ROMS for 2004-2006 STi's, but I need to find XMLWrite.... Can someone please post the link (and yes I have tried to find it by searching for it---- all without luck :cry: )

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/uploads/Kn ... ite_v6.zip
06rexwagon

XMLWrite

Postby greenlimecat » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:02 am

Thanks for the info!
greenlimecat

Postby Freon » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:23 pm

If you need help making an XML ALWAYS post your rom or a link to where you've posted it. Step #1!
Freon

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:52 pm

I'm voting for an update to this program. Who's with me on this?!?
JRSCCivic98

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software