MAF 300g/sec limit overdraft

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

MAF 300g/sec limit overdraft

Postby evoman » Mon May 08, 2006 2:46 pm

Does anybody looking for overcoming this program limit? :?:
I mean Suba ECUs based on Motorola HC16.

Any opinions will be appreciated...
evoman

Postby calvinc » Tue May 09, 2006 12:55 am

Does anybody looking for overcoming this program limit? Question
I mean Suba ECUs based on Motorola HC16.

Any opinions will be appreciated...
the sensor is good up to 5V and will report that in the MAF Voltage data item through ecuExplorer. the missing data is however the MAF scaling. most of the MY05 and earlier cars only came with MAF scaling up to 4.68V = 292g/s. the newer DBW MY06 cars come with scaling up to 4.92V = 348g/s. you cannot just copy the scaling values between each map because the older MY05 ecu's only have 48 cells available and the new MY06 DBW ecu's have 54 cells.

attached is an excel spreadsheet i made to 'condense' the 54 cells into 48. there are 2 scalings available - FORECAST and MATHS.

the FORECAST block uses the forecast method from excel, which interpolates the a new value between 2 given values.

the MATHS block uses a more mathematically correct forumla to get its values. however the values seem to be a little higher than the others.

both new blocks track the same progression curve on the graph so i believe them both to be correct. HOWEVER if you want an element of safety use the MATHS block because if the g/s values are actually inflated this will cause the car to run rich thereby introducing a safety factor.

calvin.
Attachments
MAF Scaling.xls
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
calvinc

Return to Tuning Software