Cant Find AFR / Is Boost reading accurate?

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Cant Find AFR / Is Boost reading accurate?

Postby dman » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:19 am

Hi Guys, great work on all of the logging stuff,

i have just done a few logs on a MY00 Australian WRX,

I have made sure all fo the fields were ticked, but i cant seem to find the AFR can anyone explain how to bring it up??

The car is stock other then catback exhaust and manual Boost Controller, The boost seems to only hit around 1 bar on ecuexplorer, but my gauge reads about 16. when i was using the standard soliniod the gauge was reading 14 so i was assuming it was correct. so is the software correct with out the standard soliniod?

here is a copy of a run, can anyone give me some comments/tips?
http://59.167.40.27/ecuExplorer%20[AE802]%2014-03-2006%2001h00m11s.csv

Thanks,
Dean
dman

Re: Cant Find AFR / Is Boost reading accurate?

Postby Jon [in CT] » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:32 am

dman wrote:I have made sure all fo the fields were ticked, but i cant seem to find the AFR can anyone explain how to bring it up??
You can't. Your car has a switching 0-1V O2 sensor up front. The Air/Fuel Ratio sensor wasn't introduced on the WRX until the 2001 model year.
Jon [in CT]

Postby dman » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:40 am

Thanks jon,

so the only way to tell is to dyno with wideband O2?
dman

Postby Jon [in CT] » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:55 pm

dman wrote:Thanks jon,

so the only way to tell is to dyno with wideband O2?
Even Subaru's with an A/F ratio sensor still adopt "open loop" fueling. That's because sensor response depends on temperature and pressure.

You needn't depend on the wideband sensor at your dyno. Nowadays, very accurate wideband A/F meters can be had for US$350. I recommend the meters from http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/ because Klaus Almendinger knows his stuff. Before moving to the Silicone Valley, he was a Daimler Benz engineer in the south of Germany, where Daimler Benz, Porsche, BMW and, most importantly, Bosch, have their major facilities. He has patents pending worldwide on the method he develooped for the LM-1 to control a wideband A/F sensor. And he's easily accessible via the forums on that website.
Jon [in CT]

Return to Tuning Software