need help! set boost not following as adjusted!

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

need help! set boost not following as adjusted!

Postby tootoot0 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:23 am

i have an 04 usdm sti which was done by ecutek by the car's previous owner. i decided to have it return to its stock map and later on decided to upgrade the ecu using romraider to adjust my stock boost to 1.3bar. unfortunately, no matter what values my friend does(different tuner), my car's boost won''t change at all . we thought maybe the stock map returned to my box was incorrect. so we tried downloading different stock maps such as A2ZJ700J AJ242, A2ZJ500J, and A2ZJ710J posted on one site and tried changing the values from there but still the same. Do you think i am using the wrong stock map that's why my car won't follow the target boost? my car's vin# is Jf1 GD 7069 4L523978 just in case anyone has the correct stock map. If this is not what's causing the problem, do you guys know what it is? By the way, i have catless fullkit exhaust starting from the downpipe 3" with modified up-pipe as well. Thank you so much in advance. :)
tootoot0

Postby eminehart » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:11 pm

you need to use wastegate duty and turbo dynamics to control boost along with your target boost. what boost are you getting? Wastegate Boost?
eminehart

Return to Tuning Software