TunerPro - Subaru Support Added

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby wall of tvs » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:29 pm

Is TunerPro able to show any of the maps from the RAM (ie, filename_tpu.hex)?

Anytime I try to open one of these files, TunerPro will crash and then shut down.
wall of tvs

Postby moxie » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:01 am

It should be able to, you would just need to have the definitions added.

No one has done that yet though.

Not sure why it is crashing on you though, I just opened up my TPU file just fine.

-Ryan
moxie

Postby mtxfrk2k1 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:29 am

yeah... all tunerpro does for me is crash... if anyone has a working version for an 04 wrx that would be very nice... or just step by step instructions
mtxfrk2k1

Postby moxie » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:40 am

When does it crash?

Immediately on open?

Have you tried to reinstall?
moxie

Postby cboles » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:21 pm

The xxx_tpu.hex file is an image of the TPU code area of the HC16 processor which is used by Subaru as a boot loader for reflashing kernels. There is nothing you would want to edit in there for the purposes of car tuning.

Colby

wall of tvs wrote:Is TunerPro able to show any of the maps from the RAM (ie, filename_tpu.hex)?

Anytime I try to open one of these files, TunerPro will crash and then shut down.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby wall of tvs » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:15 am

cboles wrote:The xxx_tpu.hex file is an image of the TPU code area of the HC16 processor which is used by Subaru as a boot loader for reflashing kernels. There is nothing you would want to edit in there for the purposes of car tuning.

Colby

wall of tvs wrote:Is TunerPro able to show any of the maps from the RAM (ie, filename_tpu.hex)?

Colby - I'm not intending to do any editing to the TPU file. :)

I just want to see the changes that are made to my realtime PDX custom maps for my AP. They only give you one base map that is concervative, and then make their aggressive maps all as realtime ones.

I just want to see what my target boost levels should be, as I've been waiting for over a week for them to simply respond to my question.
wall of tvs

Postby wall of tvs » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:18 am

moxie wrote:It should be able to, you would just need to have the definitions added.

No one has done that yet though.

Not sure why it is crashing on you though, I just opened up my TPU file just fine.

-Ryan

Yeah, I forgot about needing a different definition file. That's probably why it crashes on me -- I can load the file into the program just fine, but it will crash when I double-click to try and open one of the maps such as timing, etc.
wall of tvs

Postby MalibuJack » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:07 pm

Will TunerPro be getting definition files for the Evo ECU's also? I really liked this tool used on other products.
MalibuJack

Postby moxie » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:05 pm

It should be doable.

Are we getting Evo maps already?

If so, give me a link and I can check into it
moxie

Postby MalibuJack » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:09 am

There's a bunch of stuff on here, and a few evo specific forums which has the roms, but I haven't seen any maps yet. As soon as I get my cable I'll extract a map from my car and a few others and send them to you.
MalibuJack

Postby moxie » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:00 am

Sounds good :)
moxie

Postby sb427f-car » Mon May 22, 2006 9:05 am

Mangus wrote:How are things working out with TunerPro guys? Feature requests? Problems? Anyone creating any definitions I should post on the TunerPro site?

I'm working hard on Version 5, so suggestions are very welcome!

Mark

Wideband support? Check Box, on/off, CEL codes.
sb427f-car

Postby RallyImprezive » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:57 am

Im confused. I dont see how I can edit any of my saved maps. Do I need to convert them from hex to bin or something?

Can someone please explain? Thanks.
RallyImprezive

Previous

Return to Tuning Software