Re-scaling load in fuel and ignition maps.......

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby west_minist » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:06 pm

Nope. Once all the pointer are right or however the programmers does it, no.

But room must be made. I am not a programmer, so those with skills can better reply to you.
west_minist

Postby Freon » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:12 pm

At least on the DBW ECU, it wouldn't be that hard, but you'd need a tool to automate it to keep it from taking hours and reduce the chance of error.

You need to shuffle the maps a bit. There is room. The map configuration allows you to just change the map definition line to do this.

I still don't think it is that important to do.
Freon

Postby ride5000 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:17 am

westminst, i think you're overstating the need for additional resolution. in the higher load areas there is no reason to require such fine granularity IF the map is properly constructed.

jm2c
ken
ride5000

Postby Freon » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:42 am

Also keep in mind the ECU does a bilinear sample on the 3D maps, and a linear interpolation on 2D maps. It isn't a step on the map. Basically it does a weighted average of the four closest samples.

So if your timing drops like a rock at 2600-4000rpm at about the 1.5 load level, your timing does not actually suddenly drop 5 degrees. It smoothly falls down the slope between the load and RPM columns.
Freon

Postby dynowog » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:07 am

just learning here

if i wanted to run 30-40 psi boost

how far would the maf allow me to go?

all i could rescale to was 8 what power/boost would thei realate too?

is it as simple as making a new larger dia. afm body and fitting the sensor to that?

i do a lot of high power wrx's but all have been stand alones fitted how far can you take the std system?

thanks
dynowog

Previous

Return to Tuning Software