ecuEdit v2.4 - ECU Tuning & Logging solution

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby Jeramie » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:36 pm

Actually there is an offset you were missing. Orgionally you were show almost 2 bar (this is 28psi). I wish my WRX was pushing 28 psi but it's most definetly not.

([value]-95)/93.7

this is what should be in the xml file (figured out with help from qconept). Althought this is much closer to right, it's still off by 10-15%. Hopefully qconept will continue to help me out and we will get it right. to convert to PSI the bar value just needs to be multiplied by 14.5038.

Anyways we are close, and hopefully soon I will have it right on. I really like the software. It's really easy to configure!!!

Anyways just trying to help with development. Hopefully, there will be a great end product to work with!!
Jeramie

Postby qoncept » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:46 pm

epifan, I took a look at your XML and I think there's an offset for target boost that you're missing. Try this:

func_2val="([value]-95)/93.7"
qoncept

Postby Jeramie » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:49 pm

qoncept wrote:epifan, I took a look at your XML and I think there's an offset for target boost that you're missing. Try this:

How did you know what the offset was?
Jeramie

Postby epifan » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:52 pm

Jeramie wrote:Actually there is an offset you were missing. Orgionally you were show almost 2 bar (this is 28psi). I wish my WRX was pushing 28 psi but it's most definetly not.
My boost convert expression is correct, bc I want to show boost with atmospheric pressure (+1 bar) for my own tuned map :wink: (btw, I be sure that data in ECU contain boost pressure with atmospheric :wink: ) If you want to get PSI of real boost - just find your convert expression ;)
epifan

Postby xswrex » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:35 am

epifan is right, boost pressure in the maps is expressesed as absolute
xswrex

Postby qoncept » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:29 am

Jeramie wrote:
qoncept wrote:epifan, I took a look at your XML and I think there's an offset for target boost that you're missing. Try this:

How did you know what the offset was?

I actually just played with a calculator and plugged in numbers till it was right. epifan, I can see your point, but I think relative boost pressure is more useful to a tuner. No matter since it's easy enough to change though.

Jeramie, here's what I use in enginuity for PSI
([value] - 94) * .15425

So, now I'm confused about the offset. These numbers match StreetTuner's though.
qoncept

Postby Jeramie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:43 am

epifan wrote:
Jeramie wrote:Actually there is an offset you were missing. Orgionally you were show almost 2 bar (this is 28psi). I wish my WRX was pushing 28 psi but it's most definetly not.
My boost convert expression is correct, bc I want to show boost with atmospheric pressure (+1 bar) for my own tuned map :wink: (btw, I be sure that data in ECU contain boost pressure with atmospheric :wink: ) If you want to get PSI of real boost - just find your convert expression ;)

Thats a good point. this never crossed my mind. Duh!! I suppose it should have. (Now we know why I'm not writting the SW. LOL)
Jeramie

Postby Jeramie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:30 am

qoncept wrote:I actually just played with a calculator and plugged in numbers till it was right. epifan, I can see your point, but I think relative boost pressure is more useful to a tuner. No matter since it's easy enough to change though.

Jeramie, here's what I use in enginuity for PSI
([value] - 94) * .15425

So, now I'm confused about the offset. These numbers match StreetTuner's though.

That worked perfectly! Thanks for the help.
Jeramie

Postby Jeramie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:47 am

I also noticed there was a row missing from wastegate duty map (6800 RPM). I think I have a corrected it with the following code. Give it a try and let me know if I'm right. Thanks

Code: Select all
<map name="Max Wastegate Duty" type="3">
<rows count="8" offset="#2A66B" power="2" format="%.0f" func_2val="[value]*50" func_val2="" desc="RPM" mul="#FF" caption=""/>
<cols count="8" offset="#2A67C" power="2" format="%.2f" func_2val="[value]*100/169" func_val2="" desc="Throttle Position %" mul="#FF" caption=""/>
<data offset="#2A68E" power="1" format="%.2f" func_2val="[value]*100/246" func_val2="" color_dir="0" desc="Wastegate Duty %" mul="#FFFF" caption="" inc="1" incb="5" inc_dir="1"/>
</map>
Jeramie

Postby crazymikie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:14 am

[quote="epifan"][quote="Jeramie"]Actually there is an offset you were missing. Orgionally you were show almost 2 bar (this is 28psi). I wish my WRX was pushing 28 psi but it's most definetly not.
[/quote]My boost convert expression is correct, bc I want to show boost with atmospheric pressure (+1 bar) for my own tuned map :wink: (btw, I be sure that data in ECU contain boost pressure with atmospheric :wink: ) If you want to get PSI of real boost - just find your convert expression ;)[/quote]

I'm not sure if you can add 1 bar to the boost map- it may be confusing since that is assuming atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure isn't constant, so I am not sure what those values will do.

Mike
crazymikie

Postby Jeramie » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:01 am

epifan,

anyway you can define all the tags in the xml file?

such as "mul" "func_2val=" and anything else you would like to volenteer (so we can add some more maps to this prog). Thanks
Jeramie

Postby epifan » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:29 am

Jeramie wrote:epifan,

anyway you can define all the tags in the xml file?

such as "mul" "func_2val=" and anything else you would like to volenteer (so we can add some more maps to this prog). Thanks

I'm planing, that users, who use ecuEdit, start sharing their own map descriptions by uploading XML to forum (or another hosts)... That I should like to be... I think, it's a goal of openecu.org... or I'm wrong?

Particularly, this XML format would be easy converted to another formats, may be someone made better and useful programm with slightly different input format.

BTW,
"Mul" tag is for filter high bytes in ECU, like engine speed - in ECU dump present in 2byte format, low byte is "engine speed" but high byte sometimes not 0 and have strange values.

"func_2val" - it's useful parameter, may be you ask for "func_val2"? :wink: it's for convert entered direct value (for Columns, Rows headers or map data) to base ecu data.
epifan

Postby Jeramie » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:42 am

epifan wrote:I'm planing, that users, who use ecuEdit, start sharing their own map descriptions by uploading XML to forum (or another hosts)... That I should like to be... I think, it's a goal of openecu.org... or I'm wrong? .

This is great. Extactly why crazymikie and i are working togethor to add more maps. As we find (figure out) more usefull info we will continue to post about it. I'm sure we can put togethor a full featured SW package with the base you have provided.

Currently we are trying to extract the turbo dynamic maps. This is proving quite elusive (Not understanding all the values in the XML doesn't help).

The info you provided above will hopefully help. Thanks for the quick response.
Jeramie

Postby epifan » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:48 am

Jeramie wrote:Currently we are trying to extract the turbo dynamic maps. This is proving quite elusive (Not understanding all the values in the XML doesn't help). The info you provided above will hopefully help.

you are welcome! I would like to help you :wink:
epifan

Postby epifan » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:12 am

This is new version of ecuEdit v1.1.0.18:
- some bugs fixed :oops:
- adding new ecu type (for not founded) to XML
- Copy/Paste maps (use it to copy map description from one ECU to another or for adding similar map)

Download
epifan

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software