ecuEdit v2.4 - ECU Tuning & Logging solution

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby intrawrx » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:05 am

no worries, happy to help.
intrawrx

Postby epifan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:49 am

intrawrx wrote:no worries, happy to help.

Hi! I send PM to you two days ago. Any news?
epifan

Postby intrawrx » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:25 pm

Sorry,

I've been busy with other issues, but i am free tonight to get all the debugging info you need. Should have some results tonight for ya as i'll be roaming around with the wideband connected etc.
intrawrx

Postby SeanV » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:00 pm

It seems that when running the logger and dashboard, that the max boost displayed is 1.271 bar.

If I use ECUExplorer I can see my boost at 1.3 bar using the "Manifold Relative Pressure Corrected" field.
Is it possible to read above the 1.271 bat limit of the ECU with ECUEdit ?
SeanV

Postby SeanV » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:15 am

SeanV wrote:It seems that when running the logger and dashboard, that the max boost displayed is 1.271 bar.

If I use ECUExplorer I can see my boost at 1.3 bar using the "Manifold Relative Pressure Corrected" field.
Is it possible to read above the 1.271 bar limit of the ECU with ECUEdit ?

Another issue I have found is that when I monitor IAM on address 020120 (this address is correct for my car) , I continually get a value of 0, when I use ECU explorer - I get the correct value namely 16.

I haven't used Ver 2.2 to test both issues mentioned above, IMO waiting for over 1500 secs is just crazy, I doubt my laptop battery will last that long.
I am very keen in purchasing ECUEdit, but I would like to see that these issues have been resolved before I make the pruchase.

Thx
SeanV

Postby epifan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:53 am

SeanV wrote:It seems that when running the logger and dashboard, that the max boost displayed is 1.271 bar.

Is it possible to read above the 1.271 bat limit of the ECU with ECUEdit ?

Yes, in new version you can simple adding calculating params:
Code: Select all
<parameter id="Manifold Relative Pressure (corr)" storagetype="uint8" decimals="3" type="press" expr="GetLogParam(&quot;Manifold Absolute Pressure&quot;)-GetLogParam(&quot;Atmospheric Pressure&quot;)" metric="PSI" priority="100" desc=""/>
epifan

Postby epifan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:56 am

SeanV wrote:Another issue I have found is that when I monitor IAM on address 020120 (this address is correct for my car) , I continually get a value of 0, when I use ECU explorer - I get the correct value namely 16.

This bug was in first logger versions. Now it is fixed.

SeanV wrote:I haven't used Ver 2.2 to test both issues mentioned above, IMO waiting for over 1500 secs is just crazy, I doubt my laptop battery will last that long.

1500 is too much :lol: I think it must be around 20sec - 1min :wink:
epifan

Postby SeanV » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:56 am

epifan wrote:
SeanV wrote:Another issue I have found is that when I monitor IAM on address 020120 (this address is correct for my car) , I continually get a value of 0, when I use ECU explorer - I get the correct value namely 16.

This bug was in first logger versions. Now it is fixed.

SeanV wrote:I haven't used Ver 2.2 to test both issues mentioned above, IMO waiting for over 1500 secs is just crazy, I doubt my laptop battery will last that long.

1500 is too much :lol: I think it must be around 20sec - 1min :wink:

And the issue with reading upto a max of 1.271 bar boost?
Is it possible to "fix"/change that?
SeanV

Postby epifan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:27 am

SeanV wrote:And the issue with reading upto a max of 1.271 bar boost?
Is it possible to "fix"/change that?

Stock manifold relative pressure sensor only read max 1.271 bar. To calculate real relative pressure you need subtract Atmo pressure from Absoulte pressure. I'm include this calculated parameter in LogDefs.xml
epifan

Postby epifan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:11 am

ecuEdit v2.2.1.85
- Log Viewer: Advanced Log merge ability (custom 2D/3D support)
- Log Viewer: Custom chart: data filter
- Log Viewer: Custom chart: 2D Points (bubbles) chart
- Editor: round function
- Editor: Col and Row headers interpolation
- Editor: Map's screen values clipboard copy
- Logger: Calculated parameters (ex.: Manifold Corrected Relative Pressure)
- Logger: Save parameter's alternatives
- Logger: New Unknown ECU connection dialog
- XML Viewer: search
- Innovate Wideband fixes
- Enginuity ROM XML Descriptions converter
- other bug fixes and improvements

Download ecuEdit v2.2 trial version
epifan

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:07 am

Might I make a suggestion on the installer package you have for this. Why (if you went with an installer package) didn't you set it up to just overwrite all the files you're installing? It just seems silly to me that you went from a zip setup (which would have required the same "yes to overwrite" interaction) to an installer package and then not set it up right.
JRSCCivic98

Postby SeanV » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:40 am

epifan wrote:ecuEdit v2.2.1.85

- Logger: Calculated parameters (ex.: Manifold Corrected Relative Pressure)

Thx for the updates/fixes.
Two questions/observations re the logger/dashboard

I now see the "Manifold Relative Pressure (corrected)" field in the logger/dashboard but when I enable it, the value remains at zero.
I have to enable both "Manifold Absolute Pressure" and "Manifold Relative Pressure (corrected)" before I can get a reading in the "Manifold Relative Pressure (corrected)" field.
Is that correct? Seems to me to be a waste to have to log both "Manifold Relative Pressure" values in order to read over the 1.271 bar limit.

But when I compare the "Manifold Relative Pressure (corrected)" values of ECUEdit to ECuExplorer they are different.
For example, In ECUExplorer, at idle, I read values of roughly -.53 bar at idle while in ECUEdit I read values of roughly 0.33 bar at idle.
Surely ECUEdit's corrected value should read the same as ECUExlorer's value?
SeanV

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:14 pm

^^^ You're probably not logging both. The checkbox and parameter for Relative Pressure (Corrected) just uses the Absolute value and just subtracts 14.7 from it. It's kinda stupid if he didn't just setup the new (Corrected) value to log Absolute as well as do the calculations in one process. Just a silly ass way of doing it, but that's just me.
JRSCCivic98

Postby epifan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:43 am

ecuEdit v2.2.2.87
- Logger: Triggers based on expression for logging to file (Defog switch, Full Throttle)
- Logger: Global warnings based on expression. Example : (if Knock Correction < 0 and Engine Load > 2). Global warnings editor is not compleete yet, only read XML
- Logger: Calculated params fixes (like Manifold relative pressure). Don't needs to activate linked params (Absolute pressure and Athmo pressure)
- Editor: Windows clipboard support for map paste
- Log Viewer: Cutting time interval from log
- Log Viewer: Save Log As and Save Selected Range

epifan

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:46 am

epifan, can you make the header and row editing a little easier then it is right now? Like maybe a doubleclick on the header or row cel to open up the edit window. Doing it via the edit menu or the right-click menu takes too long. Either that or build in some kind of mass scaling option that goes out and looks at 2 ROMs for map scaling differences and makes the changes for you to the idividual maps in the ROM.
JRSCCivic98

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software