ecuEdit v2.4 - ECU Tuning & Logging solution

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby Freon » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:30 pm

32-bit support seems to be working well so far in both hex view and F9 map editor. Thanks for getting it integrated so fast.
Freon

Postby epifan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:32 pm

Freon wrote:32-bit support seems to be working well so far in both hex view and F9 map editor. Thanks for getting it integrated so fast.
8)
epifan

Postby Freon » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:18 pm

Well I did run into one problem. I don't think the values displayed in the 3D table and graphs are correct. Not sure why. Here's a screenshot:

http://freon.shackspace.com/car/ecu%20a ... /4byte.JPG

Notice the values in the data and graph don't match the shape of the data.

Also, it seems like the default view should be InvY, so the graph matches the orientation of the data table. This is true of all versions.
Freon

Postby epifan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:21 pm

Freon wrote:Well I did run into one problem. I don't think the values displayed in the 3D table and graphs are correct. Not sure why.

It's bc in map description MUL parameter is set #FFFF by default and high bytes in 32-bit are set to 0 :wink: Change MUL to #FFFFFFFF and all be fine, I hope :wink: I'm change MUL strategy in next release
epifan

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Gotcha. I thought I had tried that. Tried again and it works like a charm. Thanks.
Freon

Postby 05GarnetLGT » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:23 am

epifan wrote:New ecuEdit v.1.2.0.36
- Support 32-bit ECU
- Log Viewer: functions support for convert log data (time and data conversion)
- New tag <ecu_desc> in <config> for describe map ID's

Download ecuEdit v.1.2.0.36
Code: Select all
   <config>
      <ecu_desc file_size="#30000">
         <map_id offset="#00200" length="8"/>
         <region offset="#00209" length="2"/>
                </ecu_desc>
      <ecu_desc file_size="#80000">
         <map_id offset="#002000" length="8"/>
         <region offset="#00200B" length="2"/>
                </ecu_desc>
   </config>

32bit support meaning what?
DBW cars?
05GarnetLGT

Postby NeverLies » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:11 am

Yes ;) Only needed with SH microcontrollers.
NeverLies

Postby epifan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:02 am

New version eucEdit v1.2.0.38
- Log Viewer: Support custom log calculated by function with paramters from other log data. Example: build gear change log.
- Log Viewer: Range selector, quickly select log data by range. Example: select full throttle range for custom 2d,3d graph analysis.
- Map description editor: MUL parameter is off by default.

Download eucEdit v1.2.0.38

Gear calculation function ([value] - Speed in km/h, [value2] - RPM)
Code: Select all
<function name="logGear5MT" expr="IF(([value]*1000/[value2])&lt;=9,1,IF(([value]*1000/[value2])&lt;=16,2,IF(([value]*1000/[value2])&lt;=22.5,3,IF(([value]*1000/[value2])&lt;=31.5,4,5))))" dir="2"/>
epifan

Postby epifan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:18 am

ok, now is a brand new feature in ecuEdit. this is what for I'm start developing logViewer :wink: It's a possibility to link selected log interval and ECU map by axis and data series. For example: Link Fuel Map with log by RPM series, Air charge series and stock AF-sensor series. As result - you can see which cells used ECU, and see where ECU goes off the map.

New version ecuEdit v1.2.0.40
- Map and Log link support. Show cells in map which are used by ECU log.
- Log monitor. Monitoring selected directory and waiting for new log files. Each new log is automatically opened in ecuEdit.

Download ecuEdit v1.2.0.40
epifan

Postby cboles » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:05 pm

You are adding some great features. I'm jealous - I haven't had much time to work on tuning features in my software as I've been focusing on hacking more ECUs...

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby epifan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:23 pm

cboles wrote:You are adding some great features. I'm jealous - I haven't had much time to work on tuning features in my software as I've been focusing on hacking more ECUs...
Colby, you are doing a most important part of openecu project - read/flashing ability it's a kernel. Without this, I don't start seriously developing my ecuEdit.
Some of openecu community make ecu log ability, some make editor, some make log viewer, some finding maps, some only twaddle ;) I'm glad, that you appreciate my work, thanks
epifan

Postby MRF582 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:32 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone involved on the technical side of openecu.org.

ecuedit is coming along REALLY well. however, i do have on request. more support for 04 WRXs. I know it's selfish to think of my car but maybe someone can give me links to threads with good 04 WRX ecu.xml files. I have looked at the 2004 offsets thread by Spiider. but i still need to find a good way to include

turbo burst
turbo continuous
fuel injector scaling (very important for me) got the func_2val right but can't get the find the address
ability to see the knock learning map.
tip-in enrichment (very important as well)
boost vs mph

most of these maps are already there in the 02 WRX ecu.xml however, just copying and pasting that into the 04 WRX ecu.xml and changing the offsetts doesn't really work.

I assume there are more 04 owners like me who would like to be able to edit all of the above values without looking at a bunch of hexadecimal

also, here are some small things.
In EcuEdit, the 'Window' menu is useless. It just has the same options as the File menu and the Edit menu. The 'XML Viewer' and the 'Functions' option is repeated. Also, the 'Next Window' option only brings up the 'Fucntions' program.

one feature that would be GREAT on the program is if you made EcuEdit remember which windows were open and what their positions were when it was closed so on every start it'll load those same windows etc. that way we don't have to select the windows, and move their positions everytime we wan't to tune with EcuEdit. since when you tune, there are a few values that are more important than others.
MRF582

Postby epifan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:03 am

MRF582 wrote:In EcuEdit, the 'Window' menu is useless. It just has the same options as the File menu and the Edit menu. The 'XML Viewer' and the 'Functions' option is repeated. Also, the 'Next Window' option only brings up the 'Fucntions' program.
"Window" menu is useful then you working with more than one ECU or more than one logs. "Next Window" have shortcut and working in any not-modal window by pressing Alt+End :wink:

MRF582 wrote:one feature that would be GREAT on the program is if you made EcuEdit remember which windows were open and what their positions were when it was closed so on every start it'll load those same windows etc. that way we don't have to select the windows, and move their positions everytime we wan't to tune with EcuEdit. since when you tune, there are a few values that are more important than others.
I'm don't understand what you want. ecuEdit save and restore position, size, config params of all windows. Or are you talking about saving all desktop?
epifan

Postby MRF582 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:22 am

You're right. The Next Window is helpful. And also remembers positions of windows. That was my mistake.

I meant to say that upon start of program it'll start with those items that were 'checked' when EcuEdit was last shutdown. Also a way to change the fonts of the text used to display the values.
MRF582

Support for multiple XML config files?

Postby crispyduck » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:03 pm

Epifan,

MRF582 (a.k.a Particle Man) is loading various map information on Scoobypedia in preparation for a tuning guide. We are starting to see people publish ecuEdit code fragments and expect it will lead to one published XML config file per ECU type.

ecuEdit currently supports one XML config file describing one or more ECUs. A good enhancement would be to support many XML config files, each describing a separate ECU. Perhaps allocate a 'config' directory as part of the ecuEdit distribution and any XML file in that directory will be processed as if it was one file.

I feel this would be a great enhancement as it permits the OpenECU community to publish a database of XML config files, one for each ECU, and allow the user to quickly incorporate them in to ecuEdit. I realise this will not be a high priority change request as, quite rightly, you'll be more focused on capability that doesn't already exisit. Thought I would note it here whilst I thought though!
Thanks for listening,
-Steve.
crispyduck

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software