ecuEdit v2.4 - ECU Tuning & Logging solution

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby wetwilly » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:22 pm

crispyduck wrote:Freon, what you describe is what I have already done. Extract archive to a new clean directory, run EcuEdit then click the SSM button - error as reported above.

I have not replaced, copied or modified any file from epifan's new release above. As it is out of the box and I get the error when clicking on the SMM button.

I must be doing something wrong compared to you lot. Perhaps you guys are replacing/modifying an xml config file somewhere?
-Steve

I am getting the same error after installing EcuEdit for the first time as described above. :( Any other suggestions?
wetwilly

Postby 00WReX » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:37 pm

It sounds to me like you are missing the "ecuEdit.ini" file.
This file should reside in the same directory as "ecuEdit.exe", and tells ecuEdit where to find the xml files.

You can,

1. copy the "ecuEdit.ini" file from a previous installation (earlier versions came with this in the zip file).
or
2. move the "logdefs.xml" + any other ecuEdit xml files into the same directory as ecuEdit.
or
3. create a new "ecuEdit.ini" file (just use notepad) with the following data in it,
[Main]
XMLDir=XMLDefs\
XMLWriteParam=1

Cheers,
Shane
00WReX

Postby west_minist » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:04 pm

Very nice.

Efan, you are on the right path. This is a world class piece of software.

You can do everything from one software.

I still cannot ge tthe dyno work, but the last thing is realtime tuning or map access.

I love the Dash. I prefer this over the other dash.

Very Nice.

west_minist

Postby epifan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:46 pm

west_minist wrote:I still cannot ge tthe dyno work

Send your log file (It must have WOT run) to me, I'm check it.
epifan

Postby wetwilly » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:51 am

00WReX wrote:It sounds to me like you are missing the "ecuEdit.ini" file.
This file should reside in the same directory as "ecuEdit.exe", and tells ecuEdit where to find the xml files.

You can,

1. copy the "ecuEdit.ini" file from a previous installation (earlier versions came with this in the zip file).
or
2. move the "logdefs.xml" + any other ecuEdit xml files into the same directory as ecuEdit.
or
3. create a new "ecuEdit.ini" file (just use notepad) with the following data in it,
[Main]
XMLDir=XMLDefs\
XMLWriteParam=1

Cheers,
Shane

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I don't remember seeing any INI file and I did not have a previous installation. One other question - shouldn't I have to set the comm port that my cable is attached to somewhere for the program? Is this also done in the INI file or is it done in the XML?
wetwilly

Postby west_minist » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:17 am

epifan wrote:
west_minist wrote:I still cannot ge tthe dyno work

Send your log file (It must have WOT run) to me, I'm check it.
Attachments
v5-6.rar
(11.9 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
west_minist

Postby 00WReX » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:46 pm

wetwilly wrote:
00WReX wrote:It sounds to me like you are missing the "ecuEdit.ini" file.

You can,

or
or
[Main]
XMLDir=XMLDefs\
XMLWriteParam=1

Cheers,
Shane

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I don't remember seeing any INI file and I did not have a previous installation. One other question - shouldn't I have to set the comm port that my cable is attached to somewhere for the program? Is this also done in the INI file or is it done in the XML?

You can select this once the Logger is fired up :)
00WReX

Postby wetwilly » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:07 pm

00WReX wrote:You can select this once the Logger is fired up :)

00wrex, Adding the INI file worked. :) Thanks for your help.

epifan, I love the dashboard display. The large numbers look very nice on my 7 inch in-dash monitor. Thanks for your great program. Any thought to adding graphical analog type gauges? :wink:
wetwilly

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:00 pm

In the dyno layout you have to move the right timline bar over so that you pick what part of the log you want it to graph out. However, the graph lines are all wavy and totally not correct based on the csv file that westminist posted. I don't log speed on my logs so I can't tell you if it's the file or something else.
JRSCCivic98

Postby west_minist » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:12 pm

You are correct. Its very wavy and the results do not add up. All files produce this.

I use EcuEdit in all tuning, as you can see from my post. The Dyno will complete the usage, making me dump DD.

This would be oe software I would pay for, if I still continue to tune with my new hectic job.
west_minist

Postby west_minist » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:15 pm

wetwilly wrote:
00WReX wrote:You can select this once the Logger is fired up :)

00wrex, Adding the INI file worked. :) Thanks for your help.

epifan, I love the dashboard display. The large numbers look very nice on my 7 inch in-dash monitor. Thanks for your great program. Any thought to adding graphical analog type gauges? :wink:

You its strange how I prefer this display. Very strange.
west_minist

Postby wetwilly » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:15 pm

One problem with the dashboard though. The program doesn't remember my dashboard setup, so that every time I start the program, I have to go through the process of selecting the parameters to display. Hopefully this will be fixed in the final version. Also it would be nice if it connected to the ecu automatically upon selecting the ecu monitor function from the main menu.
wetwilly

Postby west_minist » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:22 pm

It does display for me. Not sure why not for you.
west_minist

problem with use ecudit

Postby mayday72 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:32 pm

When I start Ecuedit, he does not work, and I see such message

That I do incorrectly.

Subaru B4 twinturbo Japan MY01
Openport 1.2
Attachments
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Untitled-1 copy.jpg (95.51 KiB) Viewed 10259 times
mayday72

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:24 am

Extract everything (not just one file) out of the zip and put it in a directory. That will fix all of everyone's problems. How hard is it to do this people?
JRSCCivic98

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software