ecuEdit v2.4 - ECU Tuning & Logging solution

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby xswrex » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:23 am

i also encountered 2 more types

Code: Select all
<map_struct id="#00" type="2" ecu_type="Sub16">
         <element attr="cols_signed" value="False"/>
         <element attr="rows_signed" value="False"/>
         <element attr="data_signed" value="False"/>
         <element attr="rows_power" value="1"/>
         <element attr="data_power" value="1"/>
         <element attr="data_offset" value="[offset]+1"/>
         <element offset="-1" attr="rows" value="[byte]+1"/>
         <element offset="-([rows]*[rows_power])" attr="rows_offset" value="[offset]"/>
      </map_struct>

Code: Select all
<map_struct id="#94" type="3" ecu_type="Sub16">
         <element attr="cols_signed" value="False"/>
         <element attr="rows_signed" value="False"/>
         <element attr="data_signed" value="False"/>
         <element attr="cols_power" value="1"/>
         <element attr="rows_power" value="2"/>
         <element attr="data_power" value="2"/>
         <element attr="data_offset" value="[offset]+1"/>
         <element offset="-1" attr="cols" value="[byte]+1"/>
         <element offset="-([cols_power])" attr="cols_offset" value="[offset]"/>
         <element offset="-([cols_power])" attr="cols_inc_value" value="256/[v8]"/>
         <element offset="-1" attr="rows" value="[byte]+1"/>
         <element offset="-([rows_power])" attr="rows_offset" value="[offset]"/>
         <element offset="-([rows_power])" attr="rows_inc_value" value="65536/[v16r]"/>
      </map_struct>
xswrex

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:46 am

OK, so now that xmlwrite has been updated to create all the (yet another new way of formating things, see, this is what I mean, no standards) do you still need the redundant defs in the ecuedit.xml file? Also, I just left the map_struct.xml file in the ecuEdit directory and it already reads the info out of it without the need to paste it into the original ecuEdit.xml file.

Again, I'm not complaining, I just want to make sure I have everything correct so that when I edit my maps I'm not funking them up. I don't want to flash an ECU to find out something isn't right and then come to find out... oh, we forgot to carry the 1 for a certain def... if you get my drift.
JRSCCivic98

Postby epifan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:54 am

new ecuEdit v1.2.0.64beta
- XMLWrite output-type parameter support in INI-File (default =1 - full offset support, if you want to use map offset, set it =3)

Download ecuEdit v1.2.0.64beta
Last edited by epifan on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
epifan

Postby crispyduck » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:28 pm

epifan wrote:new ecuEdit v1.2.0.64beta
Just tried the new version, here's some feedback:

1) Unpack archive in a new directory and run - floating point error displayed. Click ok then...

2) No ecuedit.xml error. Copied a 'clean' one in from a previous version. It's now running.

Copied XMLWRITE v3 to ecuedit root foler to test this...

3) Opened my ECU ROM and got it to create an XML file. Error that it can not find a path. You need to create the <ecuedit_home>/XMLDefs directory as your copying the new XML file here but not creating if it doesn't exist.

Created the XMLDefs directory and tried again, XML file created now, maps seemed to all be displayed - cool. This is starting to get much easier for newbies with no XML files. Nice one.

Haven't tried much else yet...
-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby crispyduck » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:58 pm

epifan,

I hope you don't mind but I created an example Wiki page for you on Scoobypedia to record details of your ECUEdit releases, a place to download your software and describe it. Have a look at:

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/ ... CUROMImage

Is this something you would like to use to better present your great tool? Let me know if I've gone too far here and I'll remove the page.

-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby epifan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:29 am

JRSCCivic98 wrote:Also, I just left the map_struct.xml file in the ecuEdit directory and it already reads the info out of it without the need to paste it into the original ecuEdit.xml file.

It's work bc your ecuedit.xml already have some <map_struct> tags, but they are not correct. Replace <map_struct> tags from ecuedit.xml with new from map_struct.xml!

JRSCCivic98 wrote:Again, I'm not complaining, I just want to make sure I have everything correct so that when I edit my maps I'm not funking them up. I don't want to flash an ECU to find out something isn't right and then come to find out... oh, we forgot to carry the 1 for a certain def... if you get my drift.

Do it for your own risk! Nobody can't garantee that you doing right! You have powerful compare ability in ecuEdit, just use it to check what are you realy doing :wink:
epifan

Postby epifan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:32 am

crispyduck wrote:Is this something you would like to use to better present your great tool?
I'm glad that you made this article. Thanks for help
epifan

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:56 am

epifan wrote:It's work bc your ecuedit.xml already have some <map_struct> tags, but they are not correct. Replace <map_struct> tags from ecuedit.xml with new from map_struct.xml!

Do I need to replace the "function name" section at the end of the ecuedit.xml file as well? Also, that's not why it worked for me the way it was in 2 xml files... it worked because you still have the code in the application to open use any xml files it finds in it's root directory. When I was in the xml editor within ecuEdit I could see all the new map_struct stuff out of the map_struct.xml file. I went ahead and just pasted them over the originals in the ecuedit.xml file anyway per your request and then deleted the map_struct.xml file.
JRSCCivic98

Postby epifan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:08 am

JRSCCivic98 wrote:Do I need to replace the "function name" section at the end of the ecuedit.xml file as well?

It's not necessarily

JRSCCivic98 wrote:Also, that's not why it worked for me the way it was in 2 xml files... it worked because you still have the code in the application to open use any xml files it finds in it's root directory.

I'm scan xml files only for <ecu_struct> tag :wink:
epifan

Postby epifan » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:31 am

new ecuEdit v1.2.0.65beta
- interpolate paste from internal clipboard (from early versions :) forget to announce)
- single map compare from internal clipboard. Compare use interpolate method for assign compared map to source axis and dimensions
- sort map list
- feature to hide equal cells in map compare (Ctrl+E)
- qucik swith to difference mode (Ctrl+D)
- data captions and rows/cols constansts support in build-in map editor

Download ecuEdit v1.2.0.65beta
epifan

Postby hrb93 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:03 pm

I can't find a working copy of ECUEDIT, they are all corrupt or no longer hosted?

Anyone?
hrb93

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:15 pm

Nothing wrong with the versions that I'm running.

Epifan, the ecuedit.xml file that's still in your ZIP file doesn not contain all the changes you posted earlier in this thread, especially the sections that xswrex posted. Can you please update it or just exclude it out of the future zip files. If people unzip and overwrite their existing ones (which may be updated) their capabilities will be off... or am I wrong in my observation?
JRSCCivic98

Postby epifan » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:11 pm

JRSCCivic98 wrote:Epifan, the ecuedit.xml file that's still in your ZIP file doesn not contain all the changes you posted earlier in this thread, especially the sections that xswrex posted.
What are you talking about??? now it containts all correct <map_struct> tags. I'm successful use this ecuedit.xml for my tuning experience along with xmlwrite gen xmls.
epifan

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:24 am

I was missing the 00 and 94 tags in the xml file from the zip last night. I redownloaded the zip this morning and extracted the xml and it was fine. I can't tell you why in the world it was different last night... sorry for the mixup. It's fine now.
JRSCCivic98

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:10 am

Not really a bug, but more of a inconvenience. If the path of the maps you're working with is long, then when you do a map compare you cannot see the end of the line that contains the filename. You can't even highlight the map you want from the pulldown and hit "End" to have the cursor go to the end of the line so you can see the filename, nor can you resize the window. I vote for you shortening the name in the dropdown fields. Just use the same map name designation you use on the map edit window titlebar instead of the entire filename path. This would make it shorter and you could read the name then.
JRSCCivic98

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software