Another tuning solution. Couple questions ....

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Another tuning solution. Couple questions ....

Postby WolfPlayer » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:08 pm

I posted in the wrong forum earlier today. Deleted that post ... copied it over to here.

Guys,

I started creating an XDF for use with TunerPro. I have a few constants and tables already done.

http://www.bescaredracing.com/sti/misc/wrx-tunerpro.JPG

There are only 2 major things left (and one minor) before people can start using this solution.

1) I need to know if the Subaru binaries utilize a checksum. If so, what is the storage address and is it completed via a standard sum(no carry)?

2) I've talked with Mark (maker or TunerPro) and he is going to add support to allow the x and y axis to come from the binary image. As of right now TunerPro does not support this. However, both Ford and Honda ALSO do this so he is adding it in because honda guys and ford guys use this program too (in addition to the main audience of GM guys).

minor - 3) it was brought up that some don't like the fact that the RPMs are in descending order instead of ascending order. Everything still works fine and all the cells are correct. However, I am talking to Mark about making this an option too.

I'll release the .XDF definition depending on 1 above. The file will change once Mark implements #2.

t
WolfPlayer

Postby ahains » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:27 pm

No, there is no checksum.
-Adrian
ahains

Return to Tuning Software