Enginuity 0.4.0 Beta

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby crazymikie » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:06 am

But if you start doing something like Colby said- overlaying data from logs over the graphs, and using colors to show the deviation between the actual logged value and the programmed value, it makes it real easy to spot trouble areas. For example, if you have a cell which you've set to run 8 degrees of knock correction and it's only running 3, that is something that warrants attention.

The same could be true for boost- if you program 15psi and the car logs 16psi, that is an area that may need attention.

Alone, I find it very useful to 'see' a map rather than looking at numbers- if you come up with an interface that allows you to interactively tune I think it will be outstanding.

Thanks,
Mike
crazymikie

Postby qoncept » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:43 pm

Mike, thanks for the input. I'll have to look in to it a bit more.. I'll probably get to that after I add the other engine parameters I want.

I'm kind of stuck on the 2D maps still. I don't know what actual values I'm looking for. In the past I've looked at other apps (street tuner, xede, etc) to help clarify but the 2d maps are all a lot less apparant. Fuel injector scaling is the biggest. Ugh..
qoncept

Postby crazymikie » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:48 pm

The fuel injector scaling map (or MAF or intake calibration) should be two rows of numbers- one of them is MAF voltage and one of them is g/sec or air. So the MAF voltages should be linear whereas the g/sec should be an exponential curve.

Let me look at the data spiider posted later. I'll see if I can help you out.

Thanks!
Mike
crazymikie

Postby qoncept » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:42 pm

crazymikie wrote:The fuel injector scaling map (or MAF or intake calibration) should be two rows of numbers- one of them is MAF voltage and one of them is g/sec or air. So the MAF voltages should be linear whereas the g/sec should be an exponential curve.

Let me look at the data spiider posted later. I'll see if I can help you out.

Mike, have you altered these values? Just showing me what you've done (and telling me what injectors you have) would probably do a world of good for me. Thanks!
qoncept

Postby crazymikie » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:50 am

I've modified these values with StreetTuner to calibrate someone's intake. I think I may be confused as to what you are asking, though.

To scale for fuel injectors, there is just one value you need to modify. It's not listed in spiider's list of offsets for the 2004 wrx. If you put bigger injectors in the car, you just crank that value up. Then you would look at the fuel trims to see if the car is running in a reasonable range. You can continue to tweak this value until you get things stable.

On top of this, for non-subaru injectors, you'd probably need the injectory latency (opening time) map and the tip-in enrichment maps. If you go with wildly different injectors, these values would probably have to change.

The table I was talking about is at 0x28028 in the image you included with enginuity. This look like the intake calibration table. This is the table that I was talking about which allows you to compensate for an intake. It seems to be 48 columns by 1 row. You would tune this table by looking at the fuel trims at different operating points and trying to get them as close to 0 as your patience will allow.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Mike
crazymikie

Postby FrSTi » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:30 am

crazymikie wrote:On top of this, for non-subaru injectors, you'd probably need the injectory latency (opening time) map and the tip-in enrichment maps. If you go with wildly different injectors, these values would probably have to change.

You're right.

If you swap 380cc EU WRX to 505cc EU STI top feed Bosch injectors on EU WRX, you juste have to alter the injector scaling : scale 380 to 500 and you're done.
Note step-in enrichment gets scaled as well : this is a % enrichment factor based on tps delta (by the way, stock curves are identical between EU WRX and STi).

Now, if you throw a set of PE 800cc top feeds in the same car, just ajusting the injector sizing to 800 will be quite painfull to map smoothly.
Cause injectors opening time is a crucial point : different injectors react differently. And these are very slow, for instance...
The stock values have to be altereded all along the supply voltage range (5 values from 6.5v to 16.5), taking into account the values provided by the OEM are 12v or 14v reference only.
This takes some time to be tweeked, as this is a very influent overall fueling parameter, depending on the battery voltage (far to be a steady 14v on any car... but even worse on pre-2003 Impreza).

I sent a bunch of infos to qoncept, hope this will assist in the enginuity project ;)
FrSTi

Postby qoncept » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:53 pm

Oh! That helps a lot :) I really do need to get some other software that I can compare along side what I'm doing.. Thanks guys!
qoncept

Postby west_minist » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

I am curious about this tool.

Currently, can you view AVCS and maybe other functions with this tool?
west_minist

Postby qoncept » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:56 pm

west_minist wrote:I am curious about this tool.

Currently, can you view AVCS and maybe other functions with this tool?

So far, all I've got is fuel, timing, timing correction, boost and wastegate duty. I'm not sure when I'll get to AVCS -- I was planning on adding all the other engine parameters next, but I think it might be best to hold off until after I clean up the code a bit. I update pretty frequently, so just keep checking back.
qoncept

Postby west_minist » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:04 pm

I have played around w/ the software and I love it. Very nice.

I have a NA motor w/ AVCS. Hence my question.

Model is:-
ECU
A5
22611 AE463
A18-000 D3G

ECU Manufacture is Unisia Jecs Corp.

I cannot wait for the ECUFlash, to pull my rom, for me too look @ using your software and others.
west_minist

Postby Mo » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:09 am

Jared,

just about to upload my maps from my JDM twin scroll STiAJ810-8801 once my post count is high enough ;)

I tried to view it with Enginuity 14a but it returned the error message ECU version not yet implemented and to report Version:A4TJ111B. Can I ask if you plan to add support in the near future or if there is anything I can do to help?

Thanks,

Zak
[/url]
Mo

Postby west_minist » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:21 am

upload it again now
west_minist

Postby Mo » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:37 am

OK files are there now - just me being a numpty :roll:
Mo

Postby qoncept » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:56 pm

Zak,
I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. I've been very busy lately between work and school. Finals are this week so I should be about ready to get some work done again. I'm just going to take a guess that I won't be able to find your EGT data and I'm almost certain I won't find your AVCS data, but everything else I should be able to find. Don't quote me, but I might be able to get it to you this weekend.
qoncept

Postby Mo » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:28 pm

Hi Jared, and thankyou for responding so soon.

Anything would be great; I'm going to start by removing some fuel with target AFRs of 11.3 before I look at anything else. Once this is satisfactory I'll target the timing and AVCS so no real urgency here and I'm aware how timing effects afr. Boost control would be good, I'd like to reduce it whilst tuning.

Is anyone aware of the in gear boost compensation tables?
Last edited by Mo on Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mo

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software