Enginuity 0.4.0 Beta

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby crazymikie » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:49 am

I've been playing with this and it's really looking good.

One more small request- is it possible to get the ability to directly enter values on the axiis as well?

I think I found a volunteer to let me try some images on his car too :)

How are you Jeramie? :p

Mike
crazymikie

Postby Jeramie » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:48 am

"How are you Jeramie? :p"

Good, can't wait to get started. :D
Jeramie

Postby qoncept » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:28 am

[quote="crazymikie"]One more small request- is it possible to get the ability to directly enter values on the axiis as well?[quote]
Yeah, I meant to get to that, but I wanted to go ahead and get the latest version out before I went out of town. Maybe I'll find time sunday after I get back.

I looked in to a few of the values I haven't added yet last night -- fuel injector comp, boost limit and stuff.. Looks like I might be stuck for a little bit.
qoncept

Postby epifan » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:31 am

What do you think about this vision of ECU Editor?
This is result of my 10hours job for edit ecu for my Euro WRX'02 :wink:
epifan

Postby New2Scoobs » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:24 am

qoncept I've PM'd you my rom file as an attachment- let me know if you don't receive it as it still says it is in my outbox (not sent mail box).

Thanks
New2Scoobs

Postby crispyduck » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:59 pm

qoncept wrote:Steve, I've added your ECU, but it's not complete. I still haven't found the wastegate duty table or EGT limits, but I figured I'd at least give you what I've found so you can take a look at it. It just occurred to me that it's still trying to save those tables, so it will probably error out for you if you try to save, which is probably good instead of corrupting your data.

That's great, I've tried it with my image and it seems to work well - obviously not going to try a reflash yet for the reason you have mentioned. I'm starting to progress my thoughts on tweeking it now and have posted a separate thread to capture Enginuity Tuning Guidelines. It would be great if you could help here as well.
Cheers,
-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby qoncept » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:48 pm

I was thinking about the 3D rendering of maps like epifan showed above. I've never even looked at them and was curious if anyone thought they were useful enough for me to include. Anyone?
qoncept

Postby qoncept » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:36 pm

.14 Alpha is now available for download. Very minor revision..
www.enginuity.org

crazymikie wrote:One more small request- is it possible to get the ability to directly enter values on the axiis as well?

Done.
qoncept

Postby cboles » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:10 am

qoncept wrote:I was thinking about the 3D rendering of maps like epifan showed above. I've never even looked at them and was curious if anyone thought they were useful enough for me to include. Anyone?

I working on adding 3D mapping to EcuFlash too, but mostly because there is a good OpenSource 3D plotting package for Qt that I can use, so it really isn't very much extra work. I'm wondering if a 3D bargraph plot like this might be more useful than the surface plot style:
Attachments
bars.gif
bars.gif (43.9 KiB) Viewed 9897 times
cboles
Site Admin

Postby Freon » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:14 am

I'm a fan of surface, although 3d bar is ok. I use surface when I edit my own UTEC maps in Excel.
Freon

Postby crazymikie » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:06 pm

I kind of like the bars :)

Is there a way to change the coloring based on the height of the bars? That would be nice.

Mike
crazymikie

Postby cboles » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:13 pm

crazymikie wrote:I kind of like the bars :)

Is there a way to change the coloring based on the height of the bars? That would be nice.

Mike

Sure, the ones i've shown are colored, it's just a subtle scheme. You can also flag the tops in various ways (shown) to overlay some other data (e.g. a parameter from a log).
cboles
Site Admin

Postby qoncept » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 pm

I'm a fan of surface, although 3d bar is ok. I use surface when I edit my own UTEC maps in Excel.

What do you use it for? I guess I never understood what good they are.
qoncept

Postby cboles » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:22 pm

I agree with you Jared - they aren't very useful in any quantitative way. It's easy to spot outliers in the data with one though.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby qoncept » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:30 pm

cboles wrote:I agree with you Jared - they aren't very useful in any quantitative way. It's easy to spot outliers in the data with one though.

That's what I figured.. but if someone can point out a reason they're useful (outliers could be spotted by color in the tables) I'll go ahead and bump it up on the priority list. I don't have a whole lot of actual tuning experience and could easily be missing something though.
qoncept

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software