Enginuity 0.4.0 Beta

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby FrSTi » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:54 am

Mo wrote:Hi very much Jared,

anything would be great; I'm going to start by removing some fuel with target AFRs of 11.3 before I look at anything else. Once this is satisfactory I'll target the timing and AVCS so no real urgency here and I'm aware how timing effects afr. Boost control would be good, I'd like to reduce it whilst tuning.

Is anyone aware of the in gear boost compensation tables?

Mo,

Don't get it wrong !
Altering the fueling (removing 1.0 AFR) without any change on timing will det like hell on your car :?

Fueling and timing have to be readjusted accordingly...
I'm gonna have a look to your ROM file and give you some rough idea of timing suitable for 11.3 or so... but in the meantime, don't even think about running higher AFR ;)
FrSTi

Postby logic » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:16 pm

qoncept wrote:Has anyone run Enginuity on Linux or any other OS? I don't see any reason it shouldn't run properly, but at the same time I wouldn't at all be surprised. Just curious.

I just fired it up under Linux (Fedora Core 4, using Sun's 1.5.0_06 JDK) and it looks fantastic. :D

Let me say how happy I am that you decided to write this in Java; my primary project car (a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse) uses a product similar to Street Tuner called DSMLink for on-the-fly ECU modifications, and it's written in Java, which has made life with my Linux laptop a wonderful thing. :)

Is there any chance that you might release the source for this?
logic

Postby qoncept » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:38 pm

logic wrote:Is there any chance that you might release the source for this?

Probably. I'm going to do a bunch of rework over the Christmas break if I find the time, and after that I think I'll post the source. I'd like some help, too. Mainly with XML parsing, but I'm sure I'll find other things.

With that said, anyone have any suggestions of what I should change? I'd like to make the window resizable, and I want to be able to have multiple maps open in a single instance. My wideband should be back from Innovate and hopefully ecuExplorer will support logging that soon so I can start working on autotuning fuel.

Anyone interested in helping out when I get to that point?
qoncept

Postby Mo » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 am

What can we do to help, I'm more than willing if there's anything I can actually do?
Mo

Postby Nemis » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:14 pm

off topic

sshhhhh don't write about this free and great soft on ecut.k forum or you will censured :D lol
http://forum.ecutek.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=610&whichpage=2
Nemis

Postby qoncept » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:55 pm

Nemis wrote:off topic

sshhhhh don't write about this free and great soft on ecut.k forum or you will censured :D lol
http://forum.ecutek.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=610&whichpage=2

Heh, thanks for the laugh. :)
qoncept

Postby Nemis » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:12 am

ot, i have write something that can be read on "quote" post, last post is referred to me
Nemis

Postby Jeramie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:55 am

Not sure if this is a dumb question or not but I'm going to ask anyways.

All the maps seem to run to 6800 rpm with the exception of the Timing map which only runs to 6400 rpm. If the rest of the maps run to 6800 why wouldn't the ignition map do the same? Thanks
Jeramie

Postby qoncept » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:16 am

Jeramie wrote:Not sure if this is a dumb question or not but I'm going to ask anyways.

All the maps seem to run to 6800 rpm with the exception of the Timing map which only runs to 6400 rpm. If the rest of the maps run to 6800 why wouldn't the ignition map do the same? Thanks

Good question.. I'd look at it in the hex editor, but for some reason it's not working right now. I'll check it out at when I'm home some time, probably tomorrow.
qoncept

Postby crazymikie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:12 am

The timing map not going to 6800 seems to be correct- I don't remember how the 02/03 ROMs look, but for the 04/05, I think this is okay.

If you want to run more timing, you can use the knock correction map. The base timing will be constant, while (assuming your car is happy), the knock correction map can add more timing towards redline if you'd like.

MIke
crazymikie

Postby Jeramie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:51 pm

crazymikie wrote:The timing map not going to 6800 seems to be correct- I don't remember how the 02/03 ROMs look, but for the 04/05, I think this is okay.

If you want to run more timing, you can use the knock correction map. The base timing will be constant, while (assuming your car is happy), the knock correction map can add more timing towards redline if you'd like.

MIke

Thats interesting! Any idea why, it just doesn't seem logical?
Jeramie

Postby qoncept » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:06 am

I've posted the source (so far) of my XML ECU definition parser. I'm having some problems with it and was hoping someone could take a look at it while I'm on vacation.

http://www.enginuity.org/viewtopic.php?t=18

PS: I've started with a clean rewrite of Enginuity. I'll be posting all of the source when it gets a little more mature.

Edit: Webhost is down again. <sigh> Here's the source. Anyone have advice for a better host? I've got 5gb of storage now and I'd like to have at least that without paying a whole lot. Unlimited traffic would be a plus, and I need php and mysql support of course.

Edit: Website is back and I've fixed the parser problems. I'm removing the file from this post because I don't want to update it.
qoncept

Re: Enginuity

Postby BLUES » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:58 am

qoncept wrote:Enginuity .14 Alpha is now available at http://www.enginuity.org

link doesn't exist - is there a problem?
BLUES

Re: Enginuity

Postby qoncept » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:33 pm

BLUES wrote:
qoncept wrote:Enginuity .14 Alpha is now available at http://www.enginuity.org

link doesn't exist - is there a problem?

Yeah.. my webhost got bought out and apparantly the new guys don't have a clue. I've paid for hosting at a new place but won't be able to get everything moved over until I get home from vacation this weekend.
qoncept

Postby cboles » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:40 pm

feel free to post your executable here until you get your site up...

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software