ECUFlash/Enginuity tuning for 03' WRX

Developer topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ECUFlash/Enginuity tuning for 03' WRX

Postby ST » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:16 am

I've had a lot of tuning experience w/ my own Evo IX's utilizing ECUFLASH, so after my friend asked me to help him on his 2003 WRX (A4TC101L), I did a lot of research into the various openecu tuning software available out there (ecuflash/enginuity/ecuedit/etc.), before embarking on this endeavor. Thus far, things seem to be working okay w/ Enginuity, but I still have a question (that the various FAQs don't cover):

After extracting the stock rom from the WRX ECU, i performed an xmlwrite for both ECUFLASH and ENGINUITY. How do I integrate these xml defs into these programs, since Enginuity comes w/ its own XML defs, and ECUFlash is missing lots of defs in the WRXBASE.XML file?
ST

Postby merchgod » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:43 am

Check out the latest version of Ecuflash 1.29 which adds a lot more Subaru definitions.

To use different definitions with Enginuity, use the Ecu Definition Manager which is located in the Edit menu in Enginuity. Click on "Add" to add the definition file. Click on "Move up" to move it to the top of the list. Enginuity will check the definitions files from this list, in order, from top to bottom until it finds the definition that matches your rom.
merchgod

Postby ST » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:18 pm

merchgod wrote:Check out the latest version of Ecuflash 1.29 which adds a lot more Subaru definitions.

To use different definitions with Enginuity, use the Ecu Definition Manager which is located in the Edit menu in Enginuity. Click on "Add" to add the definition file. Click on "Move up" to move it to the top of the list. Enginuity will check the definitions files from this list, in order, from top to bottom until it finds the definition that matches your rom.

thanks for the tip on enginuity..i'll try it

i actually tried the 1.29 definitions, but wrxbase.xml i still missing a lot of the base maps. I'd like to import my buddys own xmlwrite definitions in, if possible, as i prefer ecuflash as an all in one, flash/tune software. any hints or writeups would be appreciated, as i don't mind do doing it manually.
ST

Postby merchgod » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:39 pm

ST wrote:i actually tried the 1.29 definitions, but wrxbase.xml i still missing a lot of the base maps. I'd like to import my buddys own xmlwrite definitions in, if possible, as i prefer ecuflash as an all in one, flash/tune software. any hints or writeups would be appreciated, as i don't mind do doing it manually.

wrxbase.xml doesn't contain any definitions for individual roms - it has all the scalings and table descriptions that the individual rom inherit. The definitions for each rom are included in the same folder (ex. A4TC101L.xml). And A4TC101L rom opens fine in Ecuflash 1.29 for me, so I suggest you reinstall 1.29.

If you mean missing as far as compared to xmlwrite, you can use the xmlwrite definitions by replacing the rom's xml file with the one generated by xmlwrite.
merchgod

Postby ST » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:49 pm

merchgod wrote:wrxbase.xml doesn't contain any definitions for individual roms - it has all the scalings and table descriptions that the individual rom inherit. The definitions for each rom are included in the same folder (ex. A4TC101L.xml). And A4TC101L rom opens fine in Ecuflash 1.29 for me, so I suggest you reinstall 1.29.

ahhh...i installed 1.29 again, in a seperately and it works! seems mitsus and subbies can never get along! =/

thanks so much!
ST

Return to Tuning Software