datalog serial

Developer topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

datalog serial

Postby thekuai » Tue May 30, 2006 9:39 pm

ok say Im using the openport 1.3M cable (usb) for the upcoming evoscan project.....i also have a aem uego wideband gauge which I am able to communicate via hyperterminal to view AFRs through an rs-232 cable....is there some way via code which i can log both? this would be verrrrry useful for tuning.....any suggestions.....of course it would probably have to be integrated into the evoscan code....can anyone augment that code with a small section to datalog from com1 port as well as usb openport?
thekuai

Postby Evo4Mad » Wed May 31, 2006 5:15 am

yep it could do that easily. what is the terminal settings (i.e Baud rate) required for the wideband? and what are the characters (or hex bytes) that are sent and received?
Evo4Mad

Postby thekuai » Wed May 31, 2006 11:16 am

Evo4Mad wrote:yep it could do that easily. what is the terminal settings (i.e Baud rate) required for the wideband? and what are the characters (or hex bytes) that are sent and received?

Here are the settings i use to communicate via hyperterminal:

bits per second = 9600
Data Bits = 8
Parity = None
Stop Bits = 1
Flow control = hardware

When i connect via hyperterminal and the aem uego wideband is powered....it will continiously spit out the AFR in the xx.x format

ex:

I used the RX wire on the serial (pin2) to connect to my wideband's serial output.....i also grounded pin 5 as required....

if you need more info let me know! i would greatly appreciate this feature!
thekuai

Postby RallyCam » Wed May 31, 2006 12:09 pm

The other way to do this, is to use the Wideband's voltage output into something on the ecu that is not really needed.
I don't know if this would be so easy on these more modern cars, but using something like the rear O2 input, which can easily be logged via the ecu, you can either put scaleing in the software, or in the Wideband (ie output 1-2v with 1V = 10:1 and 1.5V=15:1 etc) so you can display raw voltage.
Of coarse you could always use the wideband's simulated narrow band output, but you may find the resulting resolution around the 12:1/10:1 area's may not be good enough.
RallyCam

Postby thekuai » Wed May 31, 2006 12:12 pm

RallyCam wrote:The other way to do this, is to use the Wideband's voltage output into something on the ecu that is not really needed.
I don't know if this would be so easy on these more modern cars, but using something like the rear O2 input, which can easily be logged via the ecu, you can either put scaleing in the software, or in the Wideband (ie output 1-2v with 1V = 10:1 and 1.5V=15:1 etc) so you can display raw voltage.
Of coarse you could always use the wideband's simulated narrow band output, but you may find the resulting resolution around the 12:1/10:1 area's may not be good enough.

i put a digital volt meter to the analog output and read the manual on what its supposed to output at diff AFR....it seems to be off.....the serial ouput on the otherhand outputs exactly what the gauge is displaying.....i tried datalogging on my palm via connecting the analog output to the rear o2 sensor input wire on my ecu....not very accurate.
thekuai

Return to Data Logging Software