Unable to get standalone data logging w/op2.0 to work

Developer topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Unable to get standalone data logging w/op2.0 to work

Postby darksideauto » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Ok, so I took the logcnfg.txt file and changed all the adresses to match the ones in evoscan .def that works on my car. Ive attached the edited copy. From what I gather I just need to load this onto an empty sd card formatted to fat32 (however i've also tried fat16 *FAT*) and plug it into the car and it should log data. I didn't notice a start/stop function in the logconfig.txt file so I would assume it would log data continuously. I have opened ecuflash and clicked help-->license as some of the forums said that this was needed to update the firmware of the device. I have tried exactly this and got nothing so I assume I'm missing something. Sorry if it's an obvious solutions or if this is a noob question. Please help. :!:
edit: ive tried a 4 gb card and a 1 gb card both with the same results.
edit, edit: i noticed my firmware happends to be 1.11.xxx idk if it makes a difference but trying to figure things out.
Attachments
logcfg.txt.txt
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 935 times
darksideauto

Re: Unable to get standalone data logging w/op2.0 to work

Postby darksideauto » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:07 am

Ive attached 2 screen shots showing exactly what I've done, I still can't get it to work. I am able to log with evoscan on my computer, I just can't get the standalone function to work.
Attachments
op2sal.2.jpg
op2sal.2.jpg (200.15 KiB) Viewed 8944 times
op2sal.jpg
op2sal.jpg (126.51 KiB) Viewed 8944 times
darksideauto

Postby darksideauto » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:08 pm

*BUMP*
Ne one? I'm pulling my hair out over here trying to figure out where I went wrong but after going through everything with a fine tooth comb I can't figure out why its not working.
darksideauto

Postby darksideauto » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:54 am

Nothing? Any tips, hints, pointers, things to try, things to not try, maybe bad firmware, maybe bad cable, is my logconfg.txt file right, ne thing? I can log with evoscan but unable to stand alone without the computer plugged in.
darksideauto

Postby pete25r » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:36 am

Two things. I think your filename is screwy. Take off the second .txt. I think it must be named LogCfg.txt

I'm a subaru user/flasher so my file is different but it does have a stop/start condition/statement.

Here's a snippet from the last of my LogCfg.txt file.

conditionrpn = Engine_Speed(rpm),100,>
action = start

conditionrpn = Engine_Speed(rpm),0,==
action = stop

Everything else sounds good, fat32, I think 4gb might be too big. I heard somewhere 2gb was the max, not sure though. I use a 1gb, fat32.
pete25r

Return to Data Logging Software