LC-1 Connection Issues

Developer topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

LC-1 Connection Issues

Postby nurzo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:36 am

Hello,
I have been trying to log using romraider and LC-1.
Have no issues logging via openport 2.0 cable but when I try to log the lamdas I have issues.
Because the LC-1 comes with a serial cable and not usb blows my mind as how many laptops now have serial rs232 connections?
Anyway I am using a usb to serial cable and whilst it appears on the device manager page after all the com ports it does not log any data. I have checked all connections many times. I have tried to slow down the connection but still no data has transpired.
Does anyone have any ideas before I scrap it as I have wasted a couple of days mucking around and have got nowhere and have no further time to waste.
Thank you,
Mark
nurzo

Re: LC-1 Connection Issues

Postby nurzo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:26 am

in device manager the device seems to connect ok...and all messages point to this being the case....but in the log I just see 0's.
I just used a Prolific driver for the application of the usb to serial issue which seemed to work.
I am guessing when I installed the logworks software the driver for the LC-1 was in that?
I have gone into the advanced setting and slowed the transfer rate etc down from 16 to 1 etc etc, restored to default but still no go.
any further comments before I list this thing for sale?
nurzo

Re: LC-1 Connection Issues

Postby hpd_wally » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:10 am

Id be interested in the sale. But maybee there is another route.

Are you running an EVO?

There is a nice little writeup on how you can disable your Rear 02, and use the DAC on the LC-1 to run into the analog. You then can proceed to add another loggin changel which is a rescaled version of REAR 02. I this is round and about, but you obivously are able to get the data through memory access.

In terms of setting up the port, are there options for flow control, and parity?
hpd_wally

Return to Data Logging Software