Low level protocol infos for Innovative MTS ?

Developer topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Low level protocol infos for Innovative MTS ?

Postby JoeBee » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi to all.
Have anybody informations about the Innovative MTS protocol.
I have alreade read their SDK Dokumentation.
I'am intrested in the other side. The generation of MTS protocol information.
So I would need information how the Bytes flow over the RS232 lines.

In the past 2 years I programmed Atmel AVR microcontrollers (in ASM) in my free time. My idea is, to build some lowcost universal measurement devices (for ex. EGT), witch can then be daisy chained with other innovative devices (for ex. lc-1)

Greetings
Joe
JoeBee

Postby Fitz » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:27 pm

Write to support at innovatemotorsports.com and put "Request Serial2 Protocol information" in the subject line. Then put a brief explanation of what you want to do with the protocol in the email message itself.

If you just want to get extra channels into LogWorks, there is probably an easier way. Generating channel data over the MTS link requires that you have a unique device ID and a matching MTS module for logworks. However, the lastest version of LogWorks has a provision for 'virtual devices'. We have not yet publicly documented it, we were going to document it in a new SDK with the next version of LogWorks - which also will include COM interfaces for dynamically interacting with LogWorks charts, providing custom computations, and real time computational channels.

But a virtual device would allow you to add an arbitrary number of channels to LogWorks from another application on the same PC for logging. Just let me know if you are interested and I can give you some preliminary documentation.

-jjf
(Innovate Motorsports)
Fitz

Return to Data Logging Software