Log WB to Evoscan via tactrix

Developer topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Log WB to Evoscan via tactrix

Postby TurtleRA » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to connect a wideband (aem uego) to the tactrix via the 3/32 stereo plug and then get the wideband to log in evoscan. I know I can create a serial adapter to plug it in via usb. However I want to do most my logging standalone, but some times I use evoscan for other reasons. Would be great if I could just plug my tactrix into my computer and log all parameters. Thanks.
TurtleRA

Re: Log WB to Evoscan via tactrix

Postby cboles » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 am

As I think you already know, it *is* possible to log from the AEM UEGO in standalone mode if you wire it up correctly to a 3/32" plug. In the EcuFlash installation directories, there is a sample logging file called "subaru k-line aem.txt" which shows how to configure logging from this device. You add an additional logging channel to your config file that looks like this:

Code: Select all
;----------------aem----------------
; the "ascii" channel type can listen on any protocol for incoming numeric text
; the default protocolid is 9, which corresponds to the 3/32" jack receive-only serial port
; the default baud rate and setting are 9600,N,8,1. all of these can be changed for other scenarios

; the ascii channel considers anything other than the characters {'0'-'9','+','-','.','E','e'} to be a
; delimiter between different numbers. furthermore, the carriage return and line feed characters are
; considered to mark the beginning of a new row of data. you can sample data from a particular column of
; numbers by choosing a paramid starting at 1 which indicates the column number

; in the case of the AEM UEGO, there is simply one column of data, and it is already scaled appropriately

type=ascii
paramname = AFR
paramid = 1

The issue you are bringing up is that Evoscan does not support logging from the UEGO when it is connected this way. Unfortunately, we are not the authors of Evoscan, so you will have to take that up with Hamish and see if he is interested in adding that feature. It definitely can be done, as we do it in the standalone mode.

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Return to Data Logging Software