openport 2.0 not working need sugestions!!

Developer topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

openport 2.0 not working need sugestions!!

Postby preracing » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:49 am

I recently upgraded to the beta version of ecuflash and it was working fine for me then I was having a communication issue with a car that ended up not having power at the obdII port. I was at first thinking there was something wrong with the beta so I un installed it and reinstalled the 1.42 once I did that my openport 2.0 will not work only my 1.3 cable. when I plug in the 1.3 cable it sees the new hardware and then has me do the installation of driver for vehicle interface, then once that is complete it then see the new hardware for openport 1.3 as serial port and has me install the drivers for that. all is goood. when I plug in the open port 2.0 it sees the new hardware for the vehicle interface and it has me install the drivers for it, then it never says that it sees openport 2.0 as a serial port. when I open ecuflash and have the 1.3 plugged in it sees the cable plugged in and will let me read write etc. with the 2.0 plugged in, it does not see it at all. I have since then uninstalled and reinstalled a half a dozen times, I have also tried going back to the beta software and it still will not complete the driver installation process for the 2.0. I am at a loss. I dont know what i am missing. can anyone please help? I dont know what else to try.

thanks-
bobby
preracing

Re: openport 2.0 not working need sugestions!!

Postby preracing » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:54 pm

I installed the beta software onto a different laptop and it is working normal on this laptop. so it is something with my tuning laptop then. I think I am going reformat the hard drive and start over from fresh and go from there. if someone else has any other suggestions please do suggest.

thanks-
bobby
preracing

Re: openport 2.0 not working need sugestions!!

Postby curt5446 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Double check your add/remove programs list. I had the same issue with my 2.0 when I first got it. I discovered a new set of drivers installed every time I re-installed something. Look towards the bottom of the list, anything that says Tactrix, remove it. Go ahead and remove ECUFlash or what ever program you were using for good measure. You may also want to go into C:\\Program Files, and remove the actual folder for the software after the un-installer is done. Back up any ECU defs you had in there. Once you get all the driver instances and your flashing software out of the add/remove programs list, go through the installation process again and you should be in good shape. Keyword being, should.

Hope that helps.
curt5446

Return to Reflashing Software