Support for new ECUs????

Developer topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Support for new ECUs????

Postby psyche » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:24 am

Hi there!

I am posting here asking for help on supporting new ECUs. Me and Rhinoman are working at some ECUs with a 68HC916 MCUs manufactured by Denso. All these units have a bootloader which is pretty similar to the Subaru. The Subaru Kernel should work if we change the ECU ID.

What i want to ask is if there is a way to update the Subaru Kernel in order ECUFlash to work with the ECUs that we are working on. We have all the info needed to update the Kernel if there is any interest from your team to support a few more ECUs from Suzuki.

Also i tried to use one of my binaries with the ECUFlash software. It is a 16K map data file downloaded directly using BDM. When i try to create a new definition using the wizard it fails to open the file. I tried many different files. But when i changed the file from 16k to 192k it worked like a charm. Is this a bug with ECUflash or it doesnt support 16k files yet?

A last word on ECUflash. I was working with RomRaider till now. When i created the def for the map data file that i have and opened it with ECUflash i was amazed from the easiness of using it. It is really easy and it has many advantages over the previous program that i used.

Thank you in advance!
psyche

Re: Support for new ECUs????

Postby psyche » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:24 am

Anyone????
psyche

Postby automat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:00 am

I'm very interested in this, I wish I could help you in some way but i'm not a programmer.
automat

Postby psyche » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:21 am

There are many people interested in this but it seems that the developers of the program are only interested in Subaru and Mitsubishi cars! Or maybe they are so busy that they don't even have the time to reply to my post or the email that i sent!!! I don't really know what to say!

Also the ECUflash is supposed to be open source but i don't seem to find any source files anywhere! Am i wrong? I don't want to offend anyone but i am expecting at least a reply to my email. Who knows? :? :?

Cheers!
psyche

Return to Reflashing Software