EDM Colt czT

Developer topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Checksum problem Colt czT

Postby 44Race » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Hello,
this is my first post and unfortunately I have to start with a problem... ;)
I drive a Smart ForFour Brabus.
We do a lot of modification at this car, at the engine and also there is an tuning file at the Ecu. We use the car for mountain race. At the moment it has 230 hp on Dynamo. But the Fueltrimm is no so good.
So I want to do some modification on the rom.

The Ecu is the same as in the colt czt. I can read and write the rom with Mitsu Bootloader. I bought a second ecu (used one) from a czt and write it with the rom from the smart Brabus, because I was afraid to write the stock ecu.
I have to write the new Vin in the Ecu but this was not the problem and the ecu from the colt is working without any problem in the smart.
But I have a problem with the checksum. If I open the stock rom I get the message that one or more checksum value are incorrect. But the checksum is ok.
If I correct the checksum with EcuFlash and after I write the rom, the Engine did not run.
I have the same problem if I open the stock rom from the colt Czt ecu.
Somebody who can help me with the checksum or had the same problem with the colt czt?
Thanks a lot!
44Race

Re: EDM Colt czT

Postby radsdau » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Your best bet to start with is to post the factory ROM on this forum. That way it's more likely someone can help with tuning definitions.
radsdau

Re: Checksum problem Colt czT

Postby Marcello » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:46 am

44Race wrote:Hello,
this is my first post and unfortunately I have to start with a problem... ;)
I drive a Smart ForFour Brabus.
We do a lot of modification at this car, at the engine and also there is an tuning file at the Ecu. We use the car for mountain race. At the moment it has 230 hp on Dynamo. But the Fueltrimm is no so good.
So I want to do some modification on the rom.

The Ecu is the same as in the colt czt. I can read and write the rom with Mitsu Bootloader. I bought a second ecu (used one) from a czt and write it with the rom from the smart Brabus, because I was afraid to write the stock ecu.
I have to write the new Vin in the Ecu but this was not the problem and the ecu from the colt is working without any problem in the smart.
But I have a problem with the checksum. If I open the stock rom I get the message that one or more checksum value are incorrect. But the checksum is ok.
If I correct the checksum with EcuFlash and after I write the rom, the Engine did not run.
I have the same problem if I open the stock rom from the colt Czt ecu.
Somebody who can help me with the checksum or had the same problem with the colt czt?
Thanks a lot!

Hello i also ow n forfour brabus tuned since 2007 by myself i tuned also some other with big intercooler kit and lot hp
bonalume clutch etc

i use official piasini master since i have no more checksum problems
Marcello

Postby 44Race » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:03 am

Thank you for your info.
piasini master, I don't know it. How much is that? It is possible to buy it as end user?

Here is the ROM with the correct checksum and the definition file from colt czt (47110032) which I have mod. for the Brabus (49100033).
EcuFlash find incorrect checksum values. But the checksum is ok. If I click "Yes" to correct it, EcuFlash write a Checksum at a wrong address.
The same problem with the stock CZT ROM and the definition file 47110032.

I think the ROM are not 512k ROM's,because behind 384k there are only "FFFF"...
I tried to convert the file to a 384K ROM but when EcuFlash do not write a Checksum in the file.

Thanks a lot for you help!
Attachments
47110032.xml
(47.46 KiB) Downloaded 1824 times
colt CZT original.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 1785 times
49100033.xml
(47.46 KiB) Downloaded 1757 times
44Race

Postby Colt-Turbo_4G15 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:05 am

Hello guys,
I would be very happy if somebody could help me reading my ecu. Its from a 2005 EDM Czt.
It does not respond to any init code. I also tried Ecu unlocker without success.

Best regards,
Chris
Colt-Turbo_4G15

Postby Marcello » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:45 am

Colt-Turbo_4G15 wrote:Hello guys,
I would be very happy if somebody could help me reading my ecu. Its from a 2005 EDM Czt.
It does not respond to any init code. I also tried Ecu unlocker without success.

Best regards,
Chris

you didn't tell your location .
Marcello

Postby Colt-Turbo_4G15 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:54 am

I'm Chris from Austria,
Today I was able to read and write back to ecu!
There is only a little problem, the ecu doesn't use the uploaded tuning file it just spools up the cooling fan and says check engine..
Engine doesn't start!!
I think this is a checksum problem. Is it possible to calculate the checksum manually and fix it ??
Greetings,
Chris
Colt-Turbo_4G15

Postby Marcello » Thu May 15, 2014 3:15 am

yes it's possible to calculate the checksum

if you write the org file back to car did the car start ?
Marcello

Postby Colt-Turbo_4G15 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:21 am

No it didn't start because the file I got from Ecu is wrong.. after 60% which is address 60000 up there are only F's and thats not correct.
So Ecuflash doesn't read correct!
Colt-Turbo_4G15

Postby Marcello » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:14 pm

i can restore that ecu
i only need to know if edm oraudm jdm
Marcello

Previous

Return to Reflashing Software